Are Kermit and Piggy married?

tinweirdo

Reaction score
Here's a thought I had some time ago in A muppet chrismas carol I think the reason Piggy played Kermit wife is because tthey a really married. In the end of "Manhattan" they were married by a real priest. Also I believe that the two pigs and peter frog are they're children, any thoughts on this?:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Join the Kermit/Piggy relationship discussions. They may have had a real priest at the end of TMTM, but that was part of the play, Manhattan Melodies. Any speculation on their real relationship behind the cameras is just that, speculation. Hope this helps. :wisdom:

dwmckim

Reaction score
This has long been a part of the Muppet mythos...when TMTM came out, there were a whole bunch of press interviews showcasing the wedding scene with Piggy saying that they were now married since it was a real minister playing the part (and it was a real minister playing the "real minister") and Kermit saying it was a scene for a movie. They've actually riffed on this since TMTM promotion long passed. Though the kids in MCC aren't really their children - they've been noted in outside materials as being actors brought in to play their kids (much like Robin, Kermit's nephew, played Kermit/Bob's son)...one MCC book at the time even had a back cover listing the cast list of the movie...ie Bob Cratchet: Kermit, Fozziwig: Fozzie Bear, with the "real names" of the actors playing the Cratchet children included!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Personally, I'm in the "yes" camp. I can't help it. However, whether or not such a thing was LEGAL is a whole 'nuther matter. :smile:

Technically, it's just a surprise elaboration on Piggy's previous plot to sucker Kermit in TMS.

However, I'm glad that the arguing by Kermit and Piggy seems to have stopped. I agree with the performers who seemed irritated that that's the only thing people wanted to talk about. How they handled it in LTS is much better ... apart technically, but together emotionally. The "he said, she said" thing was funny the first couple of times, but then you start to feel that maybe they NEED to be apart if they can't even agree if they're a couple. It's not right to hold your frog or your pig in limbo that long.

ngreen522

Reaction score
Well, They're clearly dating now. In one recent interview I think I saw on Youtube (can't remember which one), the interviewer asked if she and Kermit plan to have kids and she said, "It's like the old saying goes. First comes love, THEEENNN comes MARRIAGE ... and THEN comes the baby... you know" She emphasized that they can't just go skipping steps. I think that was maybe one of three times I've ever heard her admit to not being married. I think, once she came out of denial, their relationship can finally have a change.
.. But all that past marriage talk ... Piggy was delusional. :mad:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think that maybe Piggy did "trick" (I say "trick," but Kermit did end up willing to go through wiht it) Kermit into marrying her in The Muppets Take Manhattan, but Miss Piggy lied about her age on the marriage certificate, so it wasn't legal.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The way I see it maybe Kermit and Piggy bartered a deal...Kermit would admit they were in a relationship, if she would stop saying publicly they are married. Both these things have happened in recent interviews...Anyone notice Kermit being perfectly ok with a kiss on public television from da Pig? Loved that. And so maybe equally Piggy has laid a little lower with her tales of marriage.

As far as I am concerned, they are married...Piggy tricked Kermit into the marriage originally, but he's grown ok with it. In my opinion, they were married and comfortable in MCC (Although clearly those weren't their children). They seemed very comfortable together in MFC. And now finally they are back to being in a close relationship again.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
They where almost married in the Muppet Show, but Kermit got out of it thanks to Lew Zealand. Jim's Kermit was more of a brotherly friend to Piggy, but Steve's Kermit truely digs the hamhawk.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The way I see it maybe Kermit and Piggy bartered a deal...Kermit would admit they were in a relationship, if she would stop saying publicly they are married.
That's believable.

MWoO

Reaction score
I believe that the plan was to have Kermit and Piggy finally be married, but I believe that after Jim Henson died that story line got rebooted and we went back to Kermit not even acknowledging a relationship and Kermit and Piggy at the moment seem to have been rebooted in age as well, making them younger, maybe 20 something.