Any News on More SST Old School?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I expect double-dipping to be done, I hope that the release doens't double-dip anything from the Old School sets. Most of the best-known A-list songs have had many remakes over the years, some of which haven't been on DVD. I wouldn't mind it including Rubber Duckie, as long as it's the true original first season version of the song. If C is for Cookie is included I'd rather it be the version from the late 1990s, as that hasn't been released commercially. I don't know if any of us have seen the original version of Sing, so I'd like for that to be included, as well as the original People in Your Neighborhood.

I thought it would have been great if the recent 40th anniversary event was videotaped and planne dto be a special feature on this, but now I have a feeling that it won't be. But it would be great if it includes This Way to Sesame Street and Sesame Street Unpaved. Sure, those would include clips "double-dipped" from Old School, but they are part of a program, and not double dipped on their own. And that'd get more of the exhausted clips on there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've had some thoughts about this 40th anniversary release for soem time now. Since it's a two-disc collection, my preference would be that it have two or three hours worth of material on each disc. But I've noticed that on teh Old School sets that there isn't a "play all" feature for multiple episodes, and while the season classic cuts have a "play all" feature, there is no feature where you can play all clips from both featured sittigns in one sitting. So I guess Sesame Workshop or whoever doesn't want kids to just sit there watching Sesame Street for a long period of time in one sitting.

It would be great if the clips were all represented by season, with that season's opening and closings. Maybe people can select a seaosn at a time, but I wonder if that would be too much for kids to navigate.

I also thought it would be good to group segments by certain type of clip. Like "alphabet", "numbers", "film and animation", "all stars", and so on. After reading about the 40th anniversary event and hearing about the Richard Hunt tribute, I thought it'd be good to work in some tributes.

That gave me an idea that maybe sketches can be grouped by theme, with special introductions, and there can be a few tributes. Grouped segments with titles like "the characters of Jim Henson", "the characetrs of Richard Hunt", "the music of Joe Raposo", "the music of jeff moss", "the animation of Jim Henson", and on disc two, "Jim Henson's last performances" (and a similar one for Richard Hunt's last performances), "Jeff Moss's last songs", and so on. Of coruse I thought it'd also be good to group segments by other perrformers, like "the characters of Frank Oz", "the characters of Caroll Spinney", and so on. And I thought it be good to have clips arranged representing the first week of epsiodes, with street scenes from all five of them (even if it means double dipping from Old School Vol. 1, it be worth it to see the street scenes from episodes 2-5).

But still, it'll be a long time before it's released. I can't wait to knwo how things are done.

One thign that I noticed from the press release is that it mentioend having "favorite Muppet, guest stars, songs, and stories from the show". By stories, I wonder if that means street plots. I would hope that some street stories from the first two seasons are represented (especially since the CTW archives don't have parent guides for the first two seasons).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this 40th anniversary set will contain some street stories. Here are some that I'd like to see included:
  • Episode 2, in which Oscar moves away from Sesame Street.
  • Big Bird wants to go to day care.
  • the season two Sesame Street Pet Show episode.
  • Luis and Rafael open the Fix-It Shop
  • Linda moves to Sesame Street
  • Bad Barney blackmails Big Bird
  • Oscar waits for Tough Edie
  • Snuffy gets his nose stuck in a mailbox
  • Snuffy rides a skateboard
  • Oscar greets Olivia
  • Episode 847 plot, in which The Wicked Witch lands on Sesame Street
  • Big Bird hosts a show about the number four
  • Buffy moves to the street
  • excerpts from the hawiai trip storyline
  • Big Bird gets jealous of Cody
  • Telly Monster's debut episode
  • The remodling the Fix-It Shop storyline
  • Maria asks for a raise
  • the New Mexico trip storyline (uh, it was New Mexico they visited in the eleventh season premier, right?)
  • Mr. Rogers judges a race between Big Bird and Snuffy
  • the adults explain Mr. Hooper's death to Big Bird
  • Uncle Wally's debut
  • Nighttime on Sesame Street
  • Snuffy goes to the movies
  • The adults meet Mr. Snuffleupagus (and also the previous episode some fans have mentioned where Oscar first sees Snuffy, and the epsiode after that I've seen a post about where Snuffy gets to know the adults better)
  • The adopting Miles storyline
  • Gina's debut episode
  • David hires Gina
  • Excerpts from episodes invovling Maria and Luis falling in love, getting married, and the birth of Gabbi
  • Mr. Handford's debut episode
  • the rebuilding Hooper's Store storyline
  • excertps from the Telly's cast storyline
  • the park opens
  • Susan and Gordon stay at the Furry Arms Hotel
  • Gordon gets a hat at Finders Keepers
  • The Alligator King pageant
  • Jerom moves to Sesame Street
  • excerpts from the "Slimey in space" storyline
  • Alan's debut
  • Telly gets the letter of the month by mistake
  • Ding-a-Long
  • Telly and Rosita find Elizabeth's cat
  • The Fix-It Shop becomes a Mail-It Shop
  • Cookie Hood
  • Gordon and Gordon's dad talk about their musical pasts
  • Rosita doesn't like having an accent
  • Cookie's World
  • Abby moves to Sesame Street
  • the "adopting Marco" storyline
  • Chris looks for a job
  • Leela tries to videotape her neighbors
  • the hat contest
  • Mine-Itis

Oh, and some street stories that I haven't heard of.