Any News on More SST Old School?

jacksparrowfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any further volumes of Sesame Street Old School is going to be released? I really enjoyed the first two volumes (except they made me feel old).:super:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
While it's not an official volume, a two-disc DVD containing clips from the 40 years of the show will be released this fall.

zns

Reaction score
We should probably ask Sesame Workshop if there is anything in the works for it right now. I just hope the warning labels about the discs being for grownups don't slow down the process. Oh well..... thank God for online tape trading.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
according to michael davis, sw is going to have a press release on feb. 12 to announce 40th anniversary stuff. maybe we'll find out then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While it's not an official volume, a two-disc DVD containing clips from the 40 years of the show will be released this fall.

And chances are, it will have the same old clips over and over, celebrity heavy... stuff you can find on SS's official web pages and their official Youtube Channel. That's why I'd rather see Old School V3, since the OS sets had some rare stuff you wouldn't even think of asking for... Hamburger bun factory, how Chinese noodles are made... W for Worm (and water...)... plus, I like how we get full episodes. You won't see old full episodes online.

I will buy it regardless, though...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I had a feeling there would be quite a lot of stuff we've seen dozens of times on it. I KNOW Rubber Duckie is going to make the DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still worry about it being celebrity heavy... remember, the 35th anniversary music collection... the entire last disk was almost a re-release of "Elmopalooza." Of course, I would like to see the Star Wars characters, if they can work those rights out.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think the reason why these sets have stuff we've seen over and over (such as Rubber Duckie, C is for Cookie, etc.) is because these are catered towards casual fans as well. In other words, people who have been longing to see this stuff. This is something I've noticed on Muppet Central, and even other message boards devoted to other classic TV shows. While most people out there like the stuff that was more common, it would appear that we always prefer the stuff that was more rare. And unfortunately, that usually ends up being what may never be seen again.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
From what I've seen, whatever's left over (and then some) is posted on their site. (And I've got no problem with that.) Many of the classic videos that have been unaired for a very long time, and the best part is more stuff is always added.

And it's free. :smile:

zns

Reaction score
according to michael davis, sw is going to have a press release on feb. 12 to announce 40th anniversary stuff. maybe we'll find out then.
Has that press release been shown yet? Just asking.