Any deleted scenes videos?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't have a blueray player, and can't afford one. The folks at Disney are being real shysters.
Like I said before, the higher quality is the special feature and the reason to own Blu. Special features, at least the bulk of them, shouldn't be.

I really hate this "too bad, you're left out socioeconomically" garbage foisted on the consumer public. Seems very childish. There was no call to do what they did, it was all marketing, and complaining clearly did NOTHING for us. Those of us who don't have one of these slightly higher scale but still the same technology machines are going to have to wait until some of these pop up online. The company will whine and moan and complain about how that's "stealing" when they're not really playing honest themselves.

I mean, "It's only 80 bucks." 80+ 20 is 100 bucks. That's 100 bucks to see special features.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really hate this "too bad, you're left out socioeconomically" garbage foisted on the consumer public.
A first world country like America isn't very good at making at being economically hard up. We're still in the middle of a recession but we want to pretend nothing's changed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A first world country like America isn't very good at making at being economically hard up. We're still in the middle of a recession but we want to pretend nothing's changed.
I could get on a whole thing about how fixed the recession was, but I don't want to. Truth is, it wasn't that bad... for the corporations at least. The little guys? They never were NOT in a recession. The market's doubled in value since it dropped. Something's fishy that our unemployment rate's so high. And the only reason why we can afford crap now is because it's cheaply made by slave labor overseas. But we all know that, right?

I've said it one time too many, but withholding special features for a premium release that's used as leverage to sell a premium device that ONLY appeals to quality nerds and technogeeks is a cheap move. There is no money lost if they at least put the deleted sequences on the standard one.

Had this been just a case of 1 disk and 2 disk standard DVD releases, there's choice. But since it's blu vs DVD, it's all about selling machines that, while they do work on inferior televisions, demand a high quality television with a sound system to notice much of a difference. I got a piece of garbage that's 12 years old and just as tall. Mono. That's like buying a monster truck to drive around safely in a cul de sac.

Sure, a small number of families are starting to buy blu players, but it's not catching quite on as fast as everyone thinks. I literally know NO ONE that has a device that even plays the darn things. The one that did, their Playstation broke.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The little guys? They never were NOT in a recession.
Well that's a good point.

There is no money lost if they at least put the deleted sequences on the standard one.
Sure, a small number of families are starting to buy blu players, but it's not catching quite on as fast as everyone thinks.
I know, I only know one person who has a Blu Ray. It's just not that big a change.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, not every deleted scene is on the Blu-Ray. I'd like to see Disney post the ones that aren't available on Blu-Ray online somewhere. They didn't have the Piggy/Kermit break up scene, but there's no evidence that one was filmed either.

beaker

Reaction score
It's the way It goes :/ The future is ever coming and the future does not involve DVD's anymore. It happened to VHS and now it's happened to DVDs. It will one day happen to everything when it all goes digital. It's just the way life is.
vhs --> dvd =/= dvd --> blu ray. Not even close.

Im hoping all the bonus content is put on youtube. For people who got the dvd(with nothing on it) why shouldnt they be allowed to see the content? I still say it's total baloney the crap Disney pulled with the dvd release

beaker

Reaction score
Like I said before, the higher quality is the special feature and the reason to own Blu. Special features, at least the bulk of them, shouldn't be.

I really hate this "too bad, you're left out socioeconomically" garbage foisted on the consumer public. Seems very childish. There was no call to do what they did, it was all marketing, and complaining clearly did NOTHING for us. Those of us who don't have one of these slightly higher scale but still the same technology machines are going to have to wait until some of these pop up online. The company will whine and moan and complain about how that's "stealing" when they're not really playing honest themselves.

I mean, "It's only 80 bucks." 80+ 20 is 100 bucks. That's 100 bucks to see special features.
ya mean....... 80+20+????? for a big lcd screen. Getting a blu ray player for a non fancy shmancy tv is like my neighbor kid who played NES on a black and white tv.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ya mean....... 80+20+????? for a big lcd screen. Getting a blu ray player for a non fancy shmancy tv is like my neighbor kid who played NES on a black and white tv.
Yeah... that's an extra couple hundred dollars to even see a difference. But you can still watch it on a piece of crap TV, which is the only advantage.

Yeah, it was bullcrap plain and simple that needn't had to have been done. it's pulled just to sell a premium thing that only quality nerds care about.

They will likely be put on Youtube soon enough, I see DVD features there all the time.