Any Closing Logos Fans?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny thing. Saban must've bought the rights completely somehow. I remember that the ALF cartoons were a result of a very short lived partnership between DIC and Saban.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just mentioned that one.

I can't even bring myself to play the video.

From the TV Tropes description...

The VID mask
, a sequence for one of the first private Russian TV companies formed after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
  • This is perhaps one of the few logos listed here that was intentionally made scary. With the collapse of the USSR in the early 90's, the executives over at the VID company figured that the network needed a "shocking" logo, so they cooked up a mask with a rather angry face (actually modified through CGI from a less menacing sculpture of a philosopher, which a museum denied them direct usage of) and a fanfare consisting of five scare chords . Considering Russians' accounts of seeing this logo growing up, they certainly did not disappoint!
  • A quick note: it had to be be changed because it was feared the sudden black/white cycling would trigger epileptic seizures, so the current VID ident is just the stone face with no animation.
  • The VID mask's goal of intentionally scaring it's viewers didn't stop with the original variant. Before a show they aired on L-club, they used a variant in which after the VID mask appeared, it would morph into a face of a creepy old man, who would then open his eyes. Then if that wasn't enough, they made another
    variant that appeared at the end of the same show, in which the VID logo fades to a veryeerie face with it's eyes wide open and his tongue sticking out as if to mock you!
    • But wait, it gets worse - the latter logo was sometimes used as a replacement for the standard logo at the with this variant at random. And the date the latter variant first appeared on? April 1st. The original logo was scary enough, but the L-club logos took this it up to sadistic levels.
On the subject, I found this justifiably creepy one from adult swim

Of course, if it comes on after Aqua Teen Hunger Force, you're probably prepared for it.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why did it have to morph into an old man? :eek:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
As far as closing logos are concerned, my favorite ones are the ones from 1995 during the Jeopardy closing where Johnny Gilbert says "This is Johnny Gilbert speaking. Jeopardy!™ was created by Merv Griffin. (BUM BUM BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!) Produced by Columbia Tristar television, (DUM *CRASH!* DUN!) Distributed by KING WORLD!"

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Just 'cuz, here's 18 scary logos (some of them aren't that scary)

The logo at the beginning with the SMP is not one of them, it's the uploader's YouTube channel logo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Not scary.
2. The poor recording quality adds to the creepiness.
3. Not scary at all, one of my favorites.
4. That one is rather unsettling.
5. Not that scary.
6. Not scary at all.
7. Not scary at all.
8. Mildly spooky.
9. Kinda cool, actually.
10. Never seen that one before.
11. Okay, that one might have scared me a little if I was younger.
12. See number 8, since it's a repeat.
13. Never bothered me as a kid.
14. Scared me crapless as a kid.
15. Never scared me as a kid.
16. Never bothered me, I liked it.
17. What just happened?
18. Shoot it.