Any Closing Logos Fans?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I also liked the My Sesame Street Home Video one with Cookie, for nostelgic reasons I suppose.
Yes! Yes! YES! I LOVE that one too! I'm honestly surprised that quite a few re-released home videos of SST actually retain this logo, because most of them have been replaced with the pastel-animated logo of the gang apparently building something under the street sign, that turns out to be a makeshift sign that says "HOME VIDEO", while Elmo exclaims "Yeah! Sesame Street Home Video! Hahaha!"

wiley207

Reaction score
Sorry if it was mentioned already, and I realize it's not a closing logo, but does anyone remember (when it was on TV in the 90's...or earlier) the 60's Looney Tunes opening? Think of the normal song, but twisted WAY out there and scary :smile:
I remember that! It would always appear at least once when CN would have that "Looney Tunes Show" block on weekend mornings in 2001-2003. And usually this Looney Tunes logo would show up on a crappy non-Chuck Jones Road Runner cartoon, or the Speedy Gonzales vs. Daffy Duck shorts. Then there was a later variation that was a bit tamer but with the music still a bit intimidating, that showed up on the later Cool Cat and Merlin the Magic Mouse cartoons. It was never used on any Bugs Bunny or Tweety cartoons, though.

Yorick

Reaction score
I remember that! It would always appear at least once when CN would have that "Looney Tunes Show" block on weekend mornings in 2001-2003. And usually this Looney Tunes logo would show up on a crappy non-Chuck Jones Road Runner cartoon, or the Speedy Gonzales vs. Daffy Duck shorts. Then there was a later variation that was a bit tamer but with the music still a bit intimidating, that showed up on the later Cool Cat and Merlin the Magic Mouse cartoons. It was never used on any Bugs Bunny or Tweety cartoons, though.
Thanks for the info! :smile: Found a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET-bytj4gcM

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I love closing and opening logos, even though they were Nightmare Fuel to me as a kid. I personally don't think the Viacom V of Doom is that scary, there are far worse ones.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I read this thread as closing legos and I'm just what?

I need sleep.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love closing and opening logos, even though they were Nightmare Fuel to me as a kid. I personally don't think the Viacom V of Doom is that scary, there are far worse ones.
I defy you to identify ONE logo that's worse than the V of Doom. Just one.
I read this thread as closing legos and I'm just what?

I need sleep.
But ghost/bat/demon/things don't sleep, do they? I thought they just conserved energy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I defy you to identify ONE logo that's worse than the V of Doom. Just one.
That Russian Mask thing they keep mentioning on TV Tropes. JUST reading about it gave me a couple sleepless nights, and I'm a full grown adult.

As for regular logos... I hate how they never preserve the original Inspector Gadget DIC closing is NEVER intact on any DVD releases. Not even Pre-Cookie Jar ones that opt for that Ugly "Wonderful World of DIC" thing.

(this one)

It's essentially the only closing logo I care about. DIC should have made customs for every one of their shows. Just Gadget and Littles.

I could only imagine what the logo would have been if they were able to get Lupin the 8th off the ground.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Episodes of the ALF animated series on Hulu replace the DiC logo with the new Saban Brands logo, since they're the ones who own it now. Doesn't bother me much, since the Kid in Bed can be found on other shows intact, like the Mario cartoons.

It's essentially the only closing logo I care about. DIC should have made customs for every one of their shows. Just Gadget and Littles.
I think one DVD release of The Littles preserves their custom logo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Episodes of the ALF animated series on Hulu replace the DiC logo with the new Saban Brands logo, since they're the ones who own it now. Doesn't bother me much, since the Kid in Bed can be found on other shows intact, like the Mario cartoons.
Does it still have the obviously animated by David Feiss Alien Productions closing logo?