1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drtooth, Jun 30, 2012.

1. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Fifty shades of blue?
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  2. mimitchi33 Member

Now this sure will get an NC-17...
    Speaking of Fifty Shades of Grey, one of the local radio stations did a parody of the song that goes "She's just somebody that I used to know" about a girl who acted out things from Fifty Shades of Grey, including sleeping with stuffed animals. (They always do these types of songs, like a Magic Mike song sung to the tune of "Puff, The Magic Dragon" and recently, a song sung to the tune of "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" which I forgot it's subject...)
    On the Oogieloves end, there are a ton of Oogieloves things on eBay, including posters I've never seen before, film reels with the trailer on it, and some of the wands. By the way, the wand's packaging art looks cute.
    Finally, is it me, or does Windy Willows from the Oogieloves remind me of the Sun Baby on Teletubbies?
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

No. Because they want the film to make money. NC-17 films cannot receive any marketing of any kind, and no theaters actually show them. They might as well make another Oogieloves movie. That's how much money an NC-17 film makes. Nothing. Fritz the Cat, maybe. Midnight Cowboy, I guess did something... but these things are hidden from public view. They almost made the powerful indie documentary "Bully" NC-17. but then no one would be able to see it, thus defeating the purpose. The Motion Picture Mafia of America hands out NC-17's to indie films, that if released by a studio would just get an R. South Park Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is considered dirtier than Trey and Matt's indie films, but those got NC-17's and SP got an R.

The studio will do whatever they can to make Fifty Shades of Grey an R rated film. That's the only way it will make money, and the only reason they're making a film based on a terrible book is to make money.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  4. QueenLanolin New Member

I wonder what's going to happen to the film for the home video release...someone has to pick up the rights to license the film. I'd suggest Hit Entertainment, they did a lot of kids movies and shows like Pingu and the Wiggles to name a few.
    Bad news. Cinedigm (the company who owns Kidtoons) is going to discontinue that program NEXT MONTH. I am going to make a separate topic about it...the good news is that they are going to make a new version of Kidtoons under a different name by the end of 2013-2014.
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Considering how Hit screws things up, I'd almost love that. Ken's own company would probably do it. Or I could see NCircle. Then it would get a 5 dollar price tag. Very fitting.
  6. mimitchi33 Member

Or maybe Mill Creek. A lot of their stuff is found in dollar-store type places (The Teddy Ruxpin DVD you own was made by them, or either was one of the 5-episode volumes released in 2006.), most retail stores (The Toys R Us Express store near me has a ton of Cookie Jar DVDs, including those The Littles and Busytown DVDs they did) and even at Cracker Barrel (but it's all stuff like 1000 Classic Commercials and WKRP In Cincinati, I didn't see any kid titles there other than stuff like Underdog). Maybe they would get the rights to it.
    Or I could see it airing as a New Year's special presentation on the Sprout Channel...
    When I first read about that, I wondered how Toofie's pant's falling down was allowed in a preschooler's movie, even though Garfield and Friends had a few instances of this in the U.S. Acres segments (which originally aimed for younger viewers than Garfield), like the time where Roy began a segment by walking around in his underwear...Maybe they're teaching kids to pull up their pants when they fall down?
    Yeah, I though the movie was going to be extremley popular when I saw that the ads were everywhere during my California vacation. Speaking of which, a YouTube commentator on a My Bedbugs video said that The Oogieloves was the number one movie in Israel the week it came out.
    Drtooth, you'd be surprised to hear that my Redbox stocks "real" movies, but most of them are sold out. They have Madagascar 3, Toy Story 3, Hop, SpongeBob Squarepants, The Wiggles, The Smurfs, Cars 2 and The Muppets, to name a few. They are going to stock ParaNorman soon.
    I saw an ad for that watching Kewlopolis on CBS the year the block premired, and I saw an ad for that on the fourth or fifth episode of the series, so it came out in 2007.
    And don't forget that the cast of kids keep changing! When I grew up watching it in the early 2000's, Selena Gomez was one of those kids on Barney.
    The Gremlins ripoff is called "Creatures". And also, when I grew up, I watched Dora when it first came out (I was three at the time), and it was my obsession as a toddler! It was like how my brother used to love Thomas The Train as a kid...I had to have anything Dora, blankets, dolls, you name it. And on the "Yo Gabba Gabba is based on Japanese retro kids shows", it's not the first kid show to be inspired by an earlier idea. Blue's Clues reminds some people of Pee-Wee's Playhouse, via the "everything talks" idea.
    U.S. Acres even had great morals, which were often spread through catchy songs like this one. (which is one of my favorites, along with What Harm Can It Do and I Should Fly)
    Did you just call The Doodlebops satanic? I watch that every Saturday morning on CBS because the songs are so catchy and because I also watch Liberty's Kids (an awesome show, by the way). But the best one had to be "My Ukelele". Just take one listen, and you'll be amazed.

Wow, a reference to Garfield and Friends! I love that show! I agree that Odie would love to see this, but Wade Duck would be scared of the Oogieloves!
  7. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oh, they have those too, but I've noticed crappy, generic films filling up the number of ones you can order. The films people actually want to see they make a scarcity, but you can find these ugly homemade CGI abominations and weird horror films starring celebrities so far down the list you can't even attach a letter to them. When Madagascar 3 came to theaters, you'd think it was a no brainer to have the first 2 on there... but instead, you get some knockoff jungle animals in decidedly not jungle settings.
  8. mimitchi33 Member

Most people would hope this is acutally a joke, but it's true. The Oogieloves might be nominated at this year's Oscars. But I guess it won't make it there, due to how poorly it's been dealt with (okay, maybe there are some people who like it, but still...)
    Amazon.com also has listed a release date for the Oogieloves movie: February 5, 2013-nineteen days before it's possible award show appearance.
    I also own an Oogieloves poster myself-I got it for free when I saw Wreck It Ralph (some movie theaters often give away free posters sometimes). It's the one which mentions Thomas and Teletubbies on it.
    And finally, I found an Oogieloves iPhone game. Yes, it actually exists. And it looks sorta hard for toddlers...I can't even figure out how it works!
  9. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

If The Oogieloves gets nominated for anything at the Oscars I'll... well... I don't know what I'd do - but it won't be pretty.

And, oh, shoot, it has a DVD release date. :concern:
  10. beaker Well-Known Member

Look out. Yet another "cheap bootleg home video CGI piece of crap somehow getting a wide American theatrical release"
  11. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

This probably ruins the joke of it, but every movie that's been released in a year is eligible for Oscar nomination, and every single film is submitted. There is NO WAY it's going to get into the consideration stage at all. I remember seeing an ad for the live action Scooby-Doo movie's Oscar campaign. Mathew Lillard didn't get so much as an Oscar nod for that, so I doubt that anything will come of this either.
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone mentioned that somewhere else. I really don't see how this deserves a theatrical release. However, this thing was supposed to come out about now, and I haven't seen any marketing whatsoever other than that online trailer. I guess maybe the big theater chains might have run it, but I go to smaller local ones that show like one trailer.

I just don't see this being anything more than a flop that only would make money if the budget was astronomically low.
  14. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Well, Pappy, you DO know what this means, don't you?
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  15. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it wasn't on DVD already, frankly. I'm sure this will go straight to the discount bin, and it's primary audience will be people who think they can handle watching it for the lulz.
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  17. mimitchi33 Member

I've seen the trailer in every movie I've seen recently, starting with Wreck It Ralph (that trailer played during every movie I saw since it debuted until it's release. One independent theater I went to played this trailer during Rise Of The Guardians. And I think it looks cute!

Drtooth, maybe they could have done that sort of thing instead of releasing this straight to theaters. Those make tons of money in theaters and on DVD. Take the Alvin and the Chipmunks for example. They are usually the top family film at the box office when they come out, and people like to watch those movies in their cars (mostly tweens). I would've liked to see a live action U.S. Acres movie in theaters than this abomination.
  18. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Heck, (US) Amazon's price is a mere $13. They're also the only site I could find that lists the thing.

Think is most certianly the key word there!
    HOW BOUT DEM BUBBLEZ?!?!?!?!?
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  19. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Of course, less than 2 months from it's release and Amazon's the only spot that has it. Kenn Viselman must be on the top of his game. I bet he's personally making the DVDs and they'll all smell like home printer ink. :p
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The first Chipmunks movie, poor casting of Dave aside, was actually pretty enjoyable. David Cross pretty much carries the film. The second one was meh, a good portion of the movie was good, but the Dave's Nephew stuff was terrible and seems pasted in last moment. I refuse to acknowledge the third one (I got the Happy Meal figures, though).

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Orson's farm. It's an international favorite, it didn't really do much over here. Plus, Jim Davis seems to pretty much wave that aside, even though they finally got some recognition on the Garfield web site. But if a U.S. Acres movie is anything like the Garfield ones, I'll pass.