ANOTHER Muppet reference on Family Guy

Teheheman

Reaction score
The Simpsons ran out of steam about season 9ish. I mean, after season 6 or 7 it started to be every once in a blue moon episode was really good. Now, I do think that they are going back to the character development stage more, like the good old days. They figured out that when you have guest stars, they don't have to play themselves. They can play other characters. Family Guy is probably at the point now that they know they have a hardcore audience, and that they don't have to worry about getting cancelled, so they can put a bunch of garbage on and nobody would worry about it. Last weeks episode was ok, but not what I would expect. Oh and if the courtship one is the one where Stewie finds his dad, the uncensored version is on DVD already under the title "Family Guy presents: Stewie Griffin the untold story"

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I admit I'm one of the only ones who feels this way, but I've really been enjoying the Simpsons again lately. I feel they really stepped it up like "the good ol' days".
Well that's good to know, maybe I'll check them out!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Oh and if the courtship one is the one where Stewie finds his dad, the uncensored version is on DVD already under the title "Family Guy presents: Stewie Griffin the untold story"

Daniel
The Courtship of Stewies father is the episode where Lois believes he and Peter aren't spending enough time together, so after awhile, the two bond by attacking and hurting Lois by hitting her with jars and cans, hosing her down the stairs and locking her in the trunk and driving the car into the lake.
heralde said:
Well that's good to know, maybe I'll check them out!
I'd say it's worth it, but like I said, I realize I'm one of the very few who are enjoying the new episodes, and I've been a huge fan since the "Life In ****" series, so it's not like I'm some bandwagon fanboy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I'd say it's worth it, but like I said, I realize I'm one of the very few who are enjoying the new episodes, and I've been a huge fan since the "Life In ****" series, so it's not like I'm some bandwagon fanboy.
Understood :wink: .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Me as well.. I've been with the Simpsons since their Tracy Ulman short days. I can remember hearing it was gonna be a series of its own, and I was overjoyed. But the problem is, I still will watch it, no matter how bad it gets (I'm a loyalist). I feel the writers just work there for a year as some right of passage, then work making some unfunny sitcom or screenplay. They can't even remeber that Homer's father is named "Abraham", not "grampah". Secondly... stop making Cletus comment on everything. He just ain't funny anymore. And third of all... NO MORE MUSICAL MONTAGES...EVERRRR!!!! There's like 2 per episode. They're using their guest star budget on music rights. Can you imagine in 10 years they lose the license to these songs, they'll be up the creak?

As for Family Guy... I dunno about you, but the more obscure the refference, the harder I laugh. I bust a bleeding vessle when they had Timer the Cheese guy up all night because he "just smoked a bunch of crack." I laughed histerically when they had the reference to the 80's York peppermint patties advertisement (For those of you who don't know/remeber, it's the bit where Peter says he gets the sensation of being on a mountain top).

muppet maniac

Reaction score
my guesses on who will be next

swedish chef
fozzie

ENTIRE ss gang(inc. oscar grover and snuffy, three characters who have not appeared yet)

I bet they will have oscar next...as for tms character: the chef appearing in griffins kitchen

muppet maniac

Reaction score
We should start a pool and bet who's going to appear in upcoming episodes, how many Muppet references there will be this season... that sorta' thing.

I'll get to that right...now.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Doesn't exactly count as a Muppet reference but...

The Gene Kelly dance with Stewie that just aired was the exact same one Gene and Kermit did together on TMS.:smile:

Funny stuff.

Convincing John

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I just saw that, but I don't think they had :smile: in mind. I think he did it with Jerry the Mouse.

Teheheman

Reaction score
This whole episode is incredibily strange

Daniel