ANOTHER Muppet reference on Family Guy

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
What about the part with the puppet moose and ping pong balls? Was that a MS thing or something else?

Convincing John

Reaction score
That moose you saw...

MuppetMarc said:
What about the part with the puppet moose and ping pong balls? Was that a MS thing or something else?
That moose you saw was "Mr. Moose" from the old "Captain Kangaroo Show". Often, Mr. Moose would trick the Captain with a knock knock joke and ping pong balls would fall on his head. You can read more about the Captain and Mr. Moose here.

Cool stuff.

(Unfortunately I can't find too much about the Captain on YouTube)

Convincing John

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wow, this is starting to sound like a drinking game. When you see an obscure 80s reference, take a shot. lol. I don't think they have a collar on him because of copyright reasons.

Daniel

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'm sorry Seth (and Vic) but I can't watch Family Guy at all now. I just feel like they go way too far over the edge to be even considered funny. I will buy the next Family Guy episode DVD because of one of my personal favorite episodes: The Courtship of Stewie's Father. Oh my god, that was so funny! But the episode they showed Sunday nite was just awful. They can't seem to hook the viewers who maybe don't watch as frequently as they should any more. The "hooks" suck big kahunas, but maybe that's just me.

BJ

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Wow, this is starting to sound like a drinking game. When you see an obscure 80s reference, take a shot. lol. I don't think they have a collar on him because of copyright reasons.

Daniel
Awesome, we gotta' try that!

erniebert1234ss said:
I'm sorry Seth (and Vic) but I can't watch Family Guy at all now. I just feel like they go way too far over the edge to be even considered funny. I will buy the next Family Guy episode DVD because of one of my personal favorite episodes: The Courtship of Stewie's Father. Oh my god, that was so funny! But the episode they showed Sunday nite was just awful. They can't seem to hook the viewers who maybe don't watch as frequently as they should any more. The "hooks" suck big kahunas, but maybe that's just me.

BJ
Hey, I totally understand that it's offensive and everyone has their own sense of humor. I personally have a very low brow sense of humor... very low brow.

Frogster

Reaction score
I agree to an extent, but I still enjoy the show... it's all worth seeing Peter do his laugh!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Just saw it! He was on the panel of "Round Table"...but he didn't have his collar!:eek:

:smile:

BTW, they are spot on with the "radio DJ sounds"! Funny stuff, man.

Convincing John
I will parrot exactly what you've just said. And don't forget the bit about Darth Vader. That was great.

It's so funny to see Harold Ramis (that's his name, right) in animated form outside of Ghostbusters cartoons.

>>I'm sorry Seth (and Vic) but I can't watch Family Guy at all now. I just feel like they go way too far over the edge to be even considered funny. I will buy the next Family Guy episode DVD because of one of my personal favorite episodes: The Courtship of Stewie's Father. Oh my god, that was so funny! But the episode they showed Sunday nite was just awful. They can't seem to hook the viewers who maybe don't watch as frequently as they should any more. The "hooks" suck big kahunas, but maybe that's just me.<<

Considering how awful the Simpsons has become, I love how they still manage to be edgy. The Simpsons takes shots at shopping Malls no one goes to and Peanut allergies. Not funny stuff at all. This is why so many former Sipsons fans watch the show. it's not as good as the Simpsons once was, but it hasn't become the "Mass audience, lets see how many laughs we can get out of these tired stereotype characters, and backing out on social commentary to do tired gags schtick." Family Guy does something similar, but with better results. Their Gay Marriage episode was much more edgy, much funnier. The Simpsons one started good enough, but ended pretty lame. And that was a good one. One episode they tried to do a commentary on Childhood obesity, but fell into "Let's make fun of fat camps and youth hostiles!" I still watch BOTH, though.

>>They JUST had a COOL Electric Company reference! They animated the theme song...complete with animated cast!<<

Sans Spiderman, but that was pretty cool. I've noticed the Muppets/Sesame Street, Star Wars and Indiana Jones have been the three most used refferences in these new seasons.

Y'know... I have a wall of print out screen caps of the show, and I had most of the Muppet refferences (out side of the Ernie and Bert Homicide on SS bit) but the site I got them at is now defunct.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was very happy when Family Guy came along. The Simpsons, great in their day, had lost their steam a long time ago. Family Guy was more edgy, more witty, their references to random things are amazing! They shock me everytime!

Of course, being that way, there is the danger that they'll occasionally go too far in their humor in order to keep it fresh. I haven't seen the episode in question, though.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I admit I'm one of the only ones who feels this way, but I've really been enjoying the Simpsons again lately. I feel they really stepped it up like "the good ol' days". The last 3 seasons were so-so. Not great like they used to, but not horrific, at least not every episode, some sucked, others had some lol moments. This season so far though has really kept me entertained. Family Guy is priceless, hysterical and almost always funny. The Simpsons are the originals though, and I will always keep my loyalty to them, especially now, I think they're back on track.