Announcing the MuppetCast

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the new layout, Steve! Looks awesome! I'll listen to show 26 soon and let you know what I think! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've listened to the latest episode. When the poll choices for the essential Muppet song were announced, three of the songs I expected to be mentioned were listed: Bein' Green, The Rainbow Connection, and Mahna Mahna. I had also expected The Muppet Show theme to be one of them.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Ravage--

Fantastic interview on this week's MuppetCast! I didn't know that most of the Fraggles had been restored! Maybe we WON'T see a CG Fraggle movie!

BJ

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I thought about including the Muppet Show theme m_m, but I wanted to include song choices outside of what the show creators intended to have heard every week, i.e. the theme song. I wanted instead to have songs that Muppet fans have latched onto, and over the years have become good candidates for best overall song.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Just finished listening... Thoughts...
Liked how you refered to the poll about quintessential Muppet song, no other choice has a prayer of beating the leading candidate. Yeah, it's the New England Patriots of Muppet songs.
Liking the impressions of Statler and Waldorf (a.k.a. "two old guys in the balcony") at the end of the podcasts.
Laughed incredibly at the conclusion portion of the panel discussion from M3.
After hearing the interview with Mr. Wogtal, I question where it is people have been saying that he's worked on restoring the Fraggles.
Missing the Muppetcast Unplugged songs and Sesame Around the World, but I know you have plans for those so I await their return.
Would suggest you check muppet.meetups.com if you want to start up a group meeting with fellow Muppet fans in your area. The services do charge for setting the whole thing up though.

Thanks for another great podcast, look forward to the next one.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
First, thanks for the thoughts, Count!

Second, all credit for the new impressions at the end of the show go to David Quesal, a name you've heard many times on the show. He doesn't have a website I can link to, but he's on facebook.

Wasn't that panel discussion great? I rarely (Laugh Out Loud), but Elmo saying "take it back!" to Gonzo really had me laughing hard.

As far as James saying that he resotred any Fraggle characters...without listening to the interview again before responding here, I think he mentioned someting in passing about having done some restoration work on some of them, but it wasn't the subject of any particular question.

I'm think about doing a recording project for the Unplugged segments where I just knock out 7 or 8 of them at once and then use them in future shows. And of course, making them available to donors.

I hadn't heard of meetups.com, and after only looking briefly at their site, I think the MuppetCast might be able to manage putting something together that is geared more toward what Muppet fans might want. Thanks for pointing it out though!

Take care.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Enjoyed every bit of this weeks show. I love the panel discussion. I couldn't keep from laughing at everything that Elmo, Gonzo and Zoe would say. But Gonzo and Elmo were just so darn funny. I laughed at everything. And i enjoyed the interview with James. That was cool about all the stuff he had to restore.

I was wondering if he said Fraggle or Frackle? I thought it was Frackle. But i might be wrong. But enjoyed and was wondering if you got the songs i sent you for your halloween show. That is if you are going to do one. Awsome job and can't wait for more.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Yep, I got the Halloween batch. Wow, that's a lotta material! Lol, I might have to do TWO scary-themed shows. I'm serious too! I might! Anyway, I loved the Gonzo/Elmo/Zoe stuff too, espeically when Elmo tell Gonzo "take it back!".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... 2 Halloween shows? Bring it on my fiend.
The funny part to me was how Gonzo was trying to get Zoe's phone number from Elmo and how indignant Gonzo got with some of the questions.
"Yeah OK, there was a balloon and a crane..."
"Hey Frannie, that's a nice nose. Hey Kevin, I like that chin."
"And people think I'm strange."

Hey Kyle, would you mind sending me that Halloween batch too? Would be interested to peruse it all if you get the chance, thanks.

BEAR

Reaction score
Hey, Steve, would you ever consider trying to get interviews with any Sesame Street people?