Announcing the MuppetCast

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Would say keep it at the hour and a half range if possible, save the two hour shows for something special like the Jim Henson tribute or times you're gone for a week and have to come back and catch up.

The segments of the show I've come to enjoy and associate as key features are:
Muppet News.
Muppetcast E-Mail Bag, or as someone else wrote one time "Male Bag".
Muppet Montage, if a Muppetcast Unplugged song's included the better, but only if you have the time to record it as I understand that takes away from your life schedule.
Muppetcast Guest Interviews.

Wouldn't mind if the panel discussions recorded from M3 were put on hold for a week, just so long as it does come back. Who knows, you could probably use it as a tie-in lead-in for your group discussion with those who attended.
Also looking forward to the return of Sesame Street Around the World, it really provides an insight to other countries by way of the cherished program.

*Little known fact: Sesamstrass is the longest-running international co-production. The German version of Sesame Street is second only to the original American counterpart, as the USA has had 38 seasons and Germany will see the start of their own Season 33 this year.
Hope this helps, have a great night Steve.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't mind two-hour shows, but I think having long interviews, a long chunk of the panel and a long chuck of music would be too much, no? :eek: :crazy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't mind two-hour shows, as long as they stay interesting, perhaps if the topic changes every 5-10 minutes.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Hey Steve-

I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed this week's MuppetCast a bunch! Even though your first interview wasn't very Muppety, those two guys were a lot of fun to listen to and, as a Disney fan myself, it was wonderful to hear what it's like from the inside. I've been trying hard to get my family down there for the Year of a Million Dreams (and as the eldest daughter and not the matriarch of the family I've been having a tough time hehe) and IDK when it ends but the interview just made me excited for the ultimate eventuality of being able to take my little sister there for the first time.

Also, I hadn't gotten a chance to listen to last week's until today because I was on vacation, but I wanted to set the record straight for you and everyone who listens: the kid who has to go to the bathroom is definitely NOT my neice--it's a BOY! Hehe, I pretty much died laughing when you said it was my neice. Nope, an 8-year-old boy, Cody, whom I sit for and who's played a couple of games of Muppet 20 Questions here in the past with me. But I can see why you would think it's a girl--8 year old boys over a kinda cruddy recording instrument definitely don't sound like John Wayne :wink:

Anyhoo, keep up the good work!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the latest one, especially the audio from the promo for the playhouse videos. I've been wanting to see that again for years. Yes, it's only the audio, but still nostalgic. I've been hoping that it would be put on You Tube someday.

Luke

Reaction score
Am loving these as usual - i would like to see Ken Lilly, Travis Allen, Terry Angus or Karen Prell as guests.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh! Yeah! Especially since Ken also lives in Ohio. Not sure how close to Columbus though, but it's worth a shot.
Also have some songs I've been meaning to send you, thanks to Kyle (Erine81981). Gotta get the article on the band from Muppet Wiki too.
Look for a message from me soon-ish.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Is there going to be a MuppetCast this week? I'd hate for the special Jim show for his birthday to be 3 hours long...although the longer the better...

But did you receive my email with my unconventional song I sent?

BJ

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
And I am SO wrong...Show 23 is now UP!

I need to listen in and see how I can win a copy of FR Season 3, since I've been meaning to get the other 2 season sets for awhile now.

BJ