And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Oh good, I guess I can be hitman after all. :stick_out_tongue:
The idea that I was talking about legal work should be logical to most folk. So, just to make sure - - - if someone offers you a gig as a hitman, a gangster or a bank robber, I'd advise against it. Those aren't jobs; those are crimes. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm gonna do a 180 on Trump and say that I hope he sticks around a little bit longer (before the inevitable impeachment) because the damage he's doing to the Republican party is spectacular! He might as well be a double agent. What a moron. Ha! Really, what a loser. I can't wait for him to start his budget battle. It's going to get really ugly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said, even if Trump is impeached, it's still a lose-lose scenario: Pence may have actual competence and political experience in his favor, but he's made it clear he's a lot more firm in his stances against the LGBT community among other things, whereas Trump has done a lot of flip-flopping to try and endear himself to the public.

EDIT: Man, Trump can't seem to make up his mind on who to blame the failure of his healthcare plan - first it was Paul Ryan's fault, then it was the Democrats' fault, now he's putting the blame of his own party. I don't suppose he could actually accept the blame for this one, could he? Nah. He's always so blameless, it's got to be somebody else's fault.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
As I said, even if Trump is impeached, it's still a lose-lose scenario: Pence may have actual competence and political experience in his favor, but he's made it clear he's a lot more firm in his stances against the LGBT community among other things, whereas Trump has done a lot of flip-flopping to try and endear himself to the public.

EDIT: Man, Trump can't seem to make up his mind on who to blame the failure of his healthcare plan - first it was Paul Ryan's fault, then it was the Democrats' fault, now he's putting the blame of his own party. I don't suppose he could actually accept the blame for this one, could he? Nah. He's always so blameless, it's got to be somebody else's fault.
Pence is awful, but I just don't want Trump at the helm if we have to go to war. I think he purposely chose someone so odious to democrats as his veep so he'd have job security. :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
This has probably already been touched on in this thread, but the fact that daily evidence of corruption and illegality has not yet caused complete national outrage is what concerns me most. Is complete ignorance of and indifference to law the "new normal?"

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This has probably already been touched on in this thread, but the fact that daily evidence of corruption and illegality has not yet caused complete national outrage is what concerns me most. Is complete ignorance of and indifference to law the "new normal?"
The unfortunate answer is - yes. I see people here and elsewhere either remain silent about these rather damning controversies or somehow find a bizarre way to defend the indefensible. None of this is normal. And no matter if one is a conservative or a progressive, none of it serves this country's best interests.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see where Trump just signed four new bills in one day, each one undoing an Obama regulation. Is he trying to nurse his bruised ego after his healthcare plan failed?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Newsie, is that really you? 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unless enough people and groups can come together to put a stop to this, the GOP are going ahead with their new legislation that will effectively kill internet privacy, allow ISPs to collect and sell everybody's personal information and browsing history to third parties, and basically make cyber crime legal.