And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Brief Statement. Not being able to call out racism or white supremacy at a violent, white supremacist, racist march is the very definition of being complicit - particularly if you're in charge of the whole country. This is cowardly. Trump did not necessarily directly cause this racism. It was already here, but he harnessed it, stoked it and used it to his advantage and he doesn't want to lose those votes. Whether or not he feels this garbage in his heart is beside the point. People defending him, particularly those comparing racism to some kind of imagined plight of racist people, are not just idiotic, they are also complicit. Take this as you will. You may try to reply to me. I won't respond. I no longer respond to folk bent on being ignorant. Good luck and I wish even the complicit people peace and I hope a change of heart - and soon!

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
Okay, what the frog did Trump do now? Because between the time I went to bed last night, and then logged onto Facebook ten minutes ago, my homepage feed has become flooded with crap about White Supremecy, Neo-Nazism, talks of another southern succession, and all this other crap about clashes between whites and blacks going on right now.
So to answer, there was a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. When protesters showed up, it got ugly fast. A car also ran into the crowds, killing one person and injuring about 20 more. People are saying that this is an act of terrorism, and are criticizing Trump (and local Charlottesville police) for not taking more swift and serious action against the white supremacists.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers following the tragedy in Charlottesville, I'll offer my two cents worth which aren't worth a penny for my thoughts:

1. I am happy we live in a country where you can speak your mind and not be jailed for your ideas. I much rather know who the a..hats are.

2. The moment your words aren't enough and you turn to violence is the moment that you concede that your views can't stand up to scrutiny and are shallow and worthless.

3. If you need to use a vehicle to mow down the opposition or a gang to assault the innocent, you are a coward. (Unless you're Jake and Elwood pushing Illinois Nazis off a bridge - no death, just wet nazis)

4. The violent extremes on both sides really don't care about the direction of the country. They are just jackwagons that haven't grown out of throwing temper tantrums and breaking things. Their mommies and daddies should be held accountable.

5. What is often missing is a reverence for God and a love and respect of neighbor. If all you do is blame and complain without putting in some honest labor to change the lives of others for the better, follow Curtis's advice: You get wise! You get to church! (Yes another Blues Brothers reference)

6. The alt-right is a very small percentage of conservatives, much as the extreme left is a very small percentage of liberals. Stop using the tails to describe the "other half" of the country. Chances are you have friends that will see this as a personal attack and you may succeed in driving a wedge, which is the goal of the extremes.

7. You can't multiply the harvest if all you do is talk about dividing.

8. LOVE AND PEACE EVERYBODY!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Truth:

By the way, there's not more than one side to an ugly, racist uprising. Pretending that portion of the President's words are true reveals those who either have hatred in their heart or a willingness to bury their head in the sand like an ostrich. 100% malarkey. The fact that Trump still won't condemn racists or white nationalists, or even use either of those terms, is all one needs to know about how he's harnessed the country's hatred for votes.

Again, I'm not going to reply the peanut gallery here. Just not. And I'm probably still gonna pretty much stay on my sabbatical. Liking Trump is not just another point of view and the white supremacist supporters are no longer just some minority in the conservative party. They're in the drivers' seat now, no matter how big their numbers truly are, and too few republicans, including our absolutely spineless President, is doing any gawddammed thing about it. I'd think the people of Muppet Central would have a little more empathy for the true victims of this weekend, but too many in this this place are revealing the willingness to look the other way or the ugliness that lies beneath the hearts of all too many Americans. Truth. Peace.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, I knew things were going to be bad as soon as he announced he was running for Office. I knew it. I knew things would be bad back when him running for Office used to be a joke on Simpsons and Family Guy and crap like that. And like I've also said, time and time again, even if Trump is impeached, we'll only see more crap like this - maybe even worse, because Pence has made it clear that he firmly supports hatred against any groups of people who aren't wealthy, white, heterosexual, and fire-and-brimstone Christian. Trump is once again showing us his true colors of what a flip-flopper he really is.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
4. The violent extremes on both sides
Both sides? I'm Catholic. The Klan would be happy to see me dead. I'm not interested in hearing about any moral equivalency between the two sides. By condemning "both sides," Trump was blaming the victim of that driver. Just to please his base. That is inexcusable.

6. The alt-right is a very small percentage of conservatives, much as the extreme left is a very small percentage of liberals.
Problem is they have been empowered by the presence of President Bannon.

They are just jackwagons that haven't grown out of throwing temper tantrums and breaking things. Their mommies and daddies should be held accountable.
Did you watch the footage? These were not naughty little kids. These were bitter grown men eager to beat people up, not just "break things."

(Unless you're Jake and Elwood pushing Illinois Nazis off a bridge - no death, just wet nazis)
Ehh, I'm not too sure the Illinois Nazis survived that fall at the end. :wink:

You get wise! You get to church! (Yes another Blues Brothers reference)
Klansmen and Neo Nazis do go to Church.

Chances are you have friends that will see this as a personal attack and you may succeed in driving a wedge, which is the goal of the extremes.
I do not care anymore. I'm seeing Trump supporters calling a Klan rally a "peaceful protest." I'm done. There are some people I simply don't want to be united with.

One thing I will say. An older friend of mine described what's going on right now as "1968, but without the hippies." I agree. There's plenty of dissatisfaction for Trump, but the other side (i.e. the Democrats) aren't leading the charge against him. "A Better Deal"? Do they want to lose again?

Last edited:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
All I can say on what's happened recently is I am beyond disgusted at this display of hatred! This ideology no thanks to Trump and the people in his administration is getting more widespread and more hate crimes are popping up because those people think that because the "President" said it's okay.

I have never been more ashamed of this type of behavior.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm at the point where I just don't give a s***. The political stuff is just so crazy I've decided to stay away from it for the most part in future. Gimme Maiden and my friends and I'm a happy guy.