And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's plenty of dissatisfaction for Trump, but the other side (i.e. the Democrats) aren't leading the charge against him. "A Better Deal"? Do they want to lose again?
They keep holding marches and protests all throughout the country, but it's always dismissed as, "A bunch of delicate snowflake crybabies who still can't get over Hillary losing."

There is opposition, it's just not taken seriously.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They keep holding marches and protests all throughout the country, but it's always dismissed as, "A bunch of delicate snowflake crybabies who still can't get over Hillary losing."

There is opposition, it's just not taken seriously.
Well it's not taken seriously by me. The Dems are still holding on to a lot of extremist, elitist views that alienated moderates. And they don't seem to know what to do about jobs either. I don't believe for a minute they understand or respect the working or middle class.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And they don't seem to know what to do about jobs either. I don't believe for a minute they understand or respect the working or middle class.
Really? Because Obama not only helped strenghten the job market that Bush weakened (even though it took nearly both of his two terms to achieve), but he helped revitalize middle and working class as well - again, I can attest to how much my family and I struggled to get by after Bush crashed the economy, it really wasn't until Obama got elected the second time that we were able to fully recover and bounce back from that. Of course, healthcare is still an issue, but not necessarily because of Obama or the ACA, rather, because of the insurance companies and agencies that don't like the ACA and pull out of it so they can concentrate on covering big businesses and corporations instead - something they're not supposed to do, but now that Trump is trying to repeal ACA, they're free to do so.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Really? Because Obama not only helped strenghten the job market that Bush weakened (even though it took nearly both of his two terms to achieve), but he helped revitalize middle and working class as well - again, I can attest to how much my family and I struggled to get by after Bush crashed the economy, it really wasn't until Obama got elected the second time that we were able to fully recover and bounce back from that. Of course, healthcare is still an issue, but not necessarily because of Obama or the ACA, rather, because of the insurance companies and agencies that don't like the ACA and pull out of it so they can concentrate on covering big businesses and corporations instead - something they're not supposed to do, but now that Trump is trying to repeal ACA, they're free to do so.
Some of Obama's policies definitely helped my family as well. It's just that a lot of the jobs that were created were part time jobs. And so many people are still cashiers and fast food workers, and those types of jobs don't support a family on their own. ACA helped my family too, but it wasn't helping everyone. And the Dems didn't see to want to address that. I just don't seem them as all that different from the Reps. Both have their own agendas and ignore everything that doesn't fit it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Trump finally addressed the violence over this past weekend (after being prodded to).

First, he began by bragging about all of the jobs that he's brought back to America (what jobs?). . . .

Then he got into calling out the KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and other hate groups as being repugnant, and that racism is really evil. He also said that a Civil Rights investigation has been launched on the matter.

Finally, he finished by going back into campaign mode by promising the American people that as our candidate ("candidate"? You got the job, dude!) he will not allow this kind of thing to happen in our nation.

But, his address is being criticized because he apologized for nothing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Finally, he finished by going back into campaign mode by promising the American people that as our candidate ("candidate"? You got the job, dude!) he will not allow this kind of thing to happen in our nation.
Then he'll have to fire Bannon and Miller. Which will cause a lot of his followers to abandon him. And likely start more riots.

This country is garbage.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is why I chose not to celebrate Independence Day this year. This is why I'm presently embarrassed, humiliated, and disgusted to be an American.
I'm going to go the, let's say, secular root for next year's Independence Day. There will probably be a barbecue, etc. But no American flags. No patriotic songs. Not until America gets its brain back.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Then he'll have to fire Bannon and Miller. Which will cause a lot of his followers to abandon him. And likely start more riots.

This country is garbage.
I hit the reply button so many times whilst groping for the like button that you get a reply instead of a like.