American Idol

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Why did Simon Cowell walk out the other night? My boss was telling me about it cuz I work when it's on.
Oh, just some petty bickering between him and the other two. I think they really played it up on the show, but it just looked like they were all getting a bit testy and/or cranky.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hmmm, good question. Well, I like the top 12, but once again I liked more guys than girls so I don't like the half and half thing. The guys who went this week were really good, I think. "Bobby Brady" was just so cute, and Gideon was really soulful. I think my favorite is Taylor; he's just so enthusiastic and really unique. But I think it's a really strong top 12.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that Gideon and Ayla won't be coming back. I liked them both, and thought they were better singers than a couple of the singers who held on. In general, I think the guys are far more interesting this year (with the exception of one or two of the ladies).

Smiles

Reaction score
They've voted off most of my favorites already, it's very dissapointing. I do like Paris alot though so I at least have some hope.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Halfway through the show right now. Man, is everybody on target tonight! :cool:
Erin

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I saw the first one and when Kelly Clarkson won in front of over 56 million viewers, my only thought was that she now will be the female equivalent of Elvis and so far her second album has only rivaled the biggest selling female currently who in Maria Carrey, not bad.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
This is an especially good season I think, though #2 is my favorite! Really hard to say who will win this time around, but I think I'm gunning for Taylor and Chris. Of the girls, Katharine and Paris have a good shot too, I think.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, somebody has to bump this thread to the top again. So, the finale... We had been rooting for Chris, Elliot, and Paris throughout, but I gotta say I was really happy with the result last night. Of the two finalists, we definitely thought Taylor should win.

As for the show itself--wow! I was really surprised by how entertaining it was--usually I haven't found the two-hour finales to be the greatest, but everyone seemed to be having such a good time.

And Clay showed up! That duet was the greatest part--I saw it coming a mile away when they brought out that fakin'-Aiken, but I think that kid was legitimately surprised. The look on his face was priceless! :excited: