American Idol

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yes, I think so too. He almost looked relieved when they called his name, and he seemed so traumatized most weeks that someone else went instead of him... It will be interesting now to see how the rest of this plays out. I think I'm hoping for Latoya in first and George in second. But I doubt I'll buy the album this year no matter who wins...
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I also think it's a kick in the pants to John that they are doing big band next week, a genre he would've kicked butt at!

I think it will be Latoya winning it all and George in second too, all though I want George to be first. I think next week it'll be either Jasmine or Dianna out of there.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, man, that's next week? That is a bummer! I heard they were supposed to have that several weeks ago but it got switched. I wish they could've had it a little bit sooner. I'm thinking Jasmine or Diana too.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, it was about time for John to go, but I'll miss him. Seems like such a nice guy. Well, I'm still rooting for La Toya and George...

ceecee

Reaction score
I agree with you all.

Did John have a solo in the group song? I heard everyone else sing one, except John. But there were storm warnings in my area, so the National Weather Service alert was on over them singing for awhile.

jediX

Reaction score
I know he did sing, but I'm not sure who he sang with. He seemed kinda nervous when he was, too...

I'm with you, Erin. I don't care who wins because frankly, I wouldn't pay to listen any of them. Ok singers? Yes. Worth paying for? No. I wouldn't even download them. But that's just me.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Did anybody catch John Stevens on Letterman or Conan? It was kinda funny. They were both very short appearances. On Letterman, he was in the Hello Deli with Rupert Gee and Dave kept trying to get him to sing, which he's not allowed to do until September, aside from the AI tour, because of his contract. Then he was on Conan last night, and Conan was talking about how everybody says how much they look like each other. It was fun.

I missed Diana last night. :frown: My brother was taping it for me but something got messed up and he didn't get that part. But it seemed to me like everybody was doing a really great job. I thought Latoya was out of this world and Fantasia was also really good. And I really enjoyed George's performances. Jasmine was good too, but if I had to guess it will probably be her going tonight. Her or Diana...
Erin

ceecee

Reaction score
I think Jasmine may be going too. That's too bad you missed Diana because I thought she did great. And as usual, I highly enjoyed George's performance. He picked great songs.

jediX

Reaction score
I thought Diana was probably the best (how I loathe anything Streisand; yet another reason I'm sick of Fantasia). Seriously, what's the deal with George's excessive smiling? It's becoming waaaay too fake looking... reminds me of some musical.

And what was the deal with Paula? She hardly talked and looked REALLY down last night...