All things Muppety and Christmas-y

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... VMMCM is definitely in my Christmas Muppets viewing rotation for sure now.

Say Cath... From seeing the Moolan Scrooge number... Is it true that one of the chicken showgirls was meant to be a Christina Aguillera Chicken?
Just askin' cause I think that was one of the selling jokes when the special first aired back in 2002.

Marky

Reaction score
Who's Cath?

I don't remember any Christina chicken. If there was, it was really, really subtle and I missed it. That's pretty funny though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry... Cath, short for Catherine = Ruahnna.
Hope it's OK to tell others who you are Ru.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
A rose by any other name....

The Count said:
Sorry... Cath, short for Catherine = Ruahnna.
Hope it's OK to tell others who you are Ru.
No problem. Ruahnna and Catherine are the same. (Although Ru is slightly less encumbered by having to behave like a grown-up.)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hi Jamie. My real name is Marty.
And hello to you too Cath. My mother is looking so much better now thanks for all your prayers. :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
So last weekend my parents and I watched "Muppet Christmas Carol." So here are my thoughts, likes, dislikes, etc...

- I love the beginning especially the Jim and Richard tribute.

- Gonzo and Rizzo as apple salesmen and Gonzo as Charles Dickens is just wonderful.

- Micheal Cane (spelling error?) can't sing.

- Poor Bean, him left out in the cold just made me so sad.

- The Penguin Ice skating party is truelly wonderful!

- I love "One More Sleep Till Christmas," just a nice sweet Kermit song.

- Aww, poor Beaker and Bunsen, I wish I could've seen more of them.

- I love how Gonzo reminds Sam how they are in London.

- Paul Williams score is truelly wonderful.

- I don't like "After the Love is Gone," so I skipped it.

- Marley & Marley are truelly awesome, it almost seemed they just used old puppet versions of Statler & Waldorf.

- I wish we could see more of Miss Piggy twin children.

- Fozziwig is short, but sweet.

Overall, its a pretty good movie. Its very dark and dramatic at times, but I love that in muppet movies, it shows there wide range beyond comedy. But yay for MCC!!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ooh! I love that Scrooge visits the "old folks home" on Christmas day, taking presents to Fozziewig and to his old Schoolmaster.

Also, I love the scene in "It Feels Like Christmas" when the policeman and the bandit pat each other on the back and sing together. The bandit is the one who stole the fruit in the first scene--the fruit which yelled, "Help! I'm being stolen!" Lovely little detail.

Also just love the way the two cart horses manage to trot in such believable rhythm in the very first song.

Also, I don't think I've mentioned it before but I really enjoyed seeing Kermit and Piggy with a house full of kids. There was teenage Peter, the twins Bettina and Belinda and then little Tim. It was a surprisingly domestic, and very realistic little scene--like nothing we've seen them do. The only things that seem to compare at all are some of the scenes from Muppet Classic Theater, where Kermit and Piggy again play hub and wife. We are usually shown a frog and pig that are free of any real domestic entanglements, and this was a very different look at them. I enjoyed it! (Particularly because I have several of my own domestic entanglements, which I enjoy!)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Speaking of--can someone please help me? I want to by MCC on DVD, but oonly want a version with the "When Love is Gone" song in the middle. Is that the 2002 or the 2005 version?

Marky

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
Speaking of--can someone please help me? I want to by MCC on DVD, but oonly want a version with the "When Love is Gone" song in the middle. Is that the 2002 or the 2005 version?
Like all four 2005 releases, the 2005 version has both the widescreen (theatrical) release and the fullscreen (television broadcast version). A lot of people don't realize that this is why they were skimpy on extras. Over 3 hours is used up when they do this.

"When love is gone" is in it, but only the fullscreen version has it.
Why?
My guess is that since it was only used for tv - a 4:3 cut of the song was all they had to master it.

The 2005 versions still has the cute menu with Kermit and Brian Henson commentary.

This is my 3rd favourite Muppet Movie of all time!