All things Muppety and Christmas-y

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
Muppety stuff Christmas in IAVMMC stuff I like a lot:
Lew Zealand popping up with Gretchen, his boomerang fish, to be the star of the show in "IAVMMC" and the, um, definitive way Kermit shuts him down.
Ditto for Kermit's comments about Animal's questionable playing of "The Little Drummer Boy."
The Steve Irwin doppleganger, which seems very affectionate and precious to me now.
The gift exchange between Gonzo and Rizzo. (The outtakes were hysterical, also.)
Five golden rings. (Need I say more?)
Scooter wearing a lampshade on his head at the party, and trying to impress the chorus girls with the fact that his uncle used to own the theatre. Luckily, not at the same time.
The sounds of Kermit kissing Piggy at the end of the show. (listen with the picture off--very funny)
Piggy's apron that says "Felines Navidad."
The Angels that look like rejects from "The Geek Squad."
Rizzo on "Fear Factor." (tastes just like chicken)
The way Kermit says, "Oh Fozzie, no." Pulls my little heart strings every time.
The reminder that the world would be a different place without, um, Kermit. (Is this true of the Kermit we see today? It makes me sad to even ask, probably because I know the answer.)
The snickering of Johnny and Sal when Piggy falls into the orchestra pit.
Fozzie running determinely through the lasers--for his friends. (Also, "you smell like a burnt couch.")
That's enough for now. More free free associations later.
Ahh, I am totally with you Ruahnna, I for one love almost everything about that movie, (some others dont though) but its a truely great film. I am currently watching my copy of John Denver Christmas Together right now... ahhh the holidays with muppets just make my day. :zany:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I definitely have mixed feelings about AVMMC. But I don't think it's right to complain on this thread. What I did enjoy was Kermit's realization that he should never have wished he was never born. It was a nice message. And it was great to see Scooter. :smile: :wink:

I got to see The Christmas Toy the other night, which was great. It's my all-time favorite Muppet Christmas special. It's so different from your typical holiday show, it's very melancholy and unsettling, while still being funny and touching. I'm amazed the Muppet group had the guts to be that serious.

Well anyway, that's where I got my latest signature from. Very inspiring! :smile:

There's one part of the special I always forget about but it's so funny. Just after Balthazar falls off the toy house:

Belmont: Balthazar, are you alright?!

Balthazar: No I'm not alright!!

Belmont: Well, should we help you up?

Balthazar: Not unless you want to wait for me!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Just watched the first half of IAVMMC again. Here I go with more muppety musings on their Christmas shows!

Somebody's on the detail patrol! All of the Angels in IAVMMC are guys. Although we typically see lots of beautifully-clad, long-haired feminine angels as ornaments and tree-toppers at Christmastime, all of the angels mentioned in the Bible have masculine names and are (at least presumably) male.

David Arquette Danny L has a picture of his real life wife, Courtney Cox on his desk.

Rizzo’s nose goes from red to normal to red again. Ooops!

Two of the stockings behind the buffet table say Scooter and Gonzo. (I can’t read the others.)

I love Fozzie hiding behind his hat when he has to tell Kermit that he didn’t deposit the money. Just makes you want to hug him.

The picture of tiny little Kermit in his trench coat silhouetted in the snow outside Bitterman Bank and Trust. Very poignant.

God trying to get Barbra Streisand for the post-party in heaven.

I love that Piggy is still wearing her pearls even in a shapeless hospital robe.

I don’t like Kermit’s insincere dodging of Piggy after the opening number--we do, after all, get to see his true feelings for Piggy in this show--but the way Scooter engineers it is fun to see, especially when Bobo steps in to help.

I like the can-can girls wearing striped stockings instead of fishnet hose.

The names of Joe Snow’s lawyers, Fraud, Slush and Sno Cohen. (I think I'm hearing that right.)

I enjoy seeing Janice’s peasant blouse in the scene when she’s tuning up her harp. It’s just so, um, Janice-y.

When Sam complains about having to give up his baldness cure medicine, someone around him accuses him of wearing a toupee.

It still tickles me that Lew Zealand calls all his fish by name. Rita, Murray, Gretchen...

I love the very sexy chicken showgirls in Moulin Scrooge. It's a wonder Gonzo's still upright.

The way BOTH of the Beaker heads look down in disappointment when Kermit says they’ve lost everything.

I may have mentioned this earlier, but I love Piggy’s apron that says “Felines Navidad.”

I have to admit that I am a sucker for a well-dressed man with his own sense of fashion. That means that Gonzo and Rizzo are high on my list of “Cute Muppets I wish I’d dated.” Scooter--while cute in his own right--not so much.

More when I finish watching later today!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
When Sam complains about having to give up his baldness cure medicine, someone around him accuses him of wearing a toupee.
that's Sal Manilla.. he asks: "that's not a toupee?!"

Sal just plain rocks :smile:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ah! In an apartment full of cat stuff, Piggy had a pillow on her couch with great big frogs on it. Yea!

Marky

Reaction score
I have NO idea why people have a problem with IAVMMCM! I love it!

You know what's really neat about it? Steve Whitmere's Kermit - 10 years after his debut. His voice is SO much more improved.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Marky said:
I have NO idea why people have a problem with IAVMMCM! I love it!

You know what's really neat about it? Steve Whitmere's Kermit - 10 years after his debut. His voice is SO much more improved.
I definantley agree with you Marky. :smile:

Marky

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
I definantley agree with you Marky. :smile:
Yay! Finally!
I think the human actors were great too. I love it's humor, it's exactly where they should have taken it.

I loved the clever aware-ness NBC joke!
Of course, it's NBCness guarantees it's doom for future release, or present acknowledgement (despite the fact that MGM has totally saturated the market this year with it!).

I kinda wish Disney didn't buy them, and that they'd developed the JHC/NBC relationship. I'm sure we'd have a series today, and a funny one at that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Marky said:
I loved the clever aware-ness NBC joke!
Of course, it's NBCness guarantees it's doom for future release, or present acknowledgement (despite the fact that MGM has totally saturated the market this year with it!).

I kinda wish Disney didn't buy them, and that they'd developed the JHC/NBC relationship. I'm sure we'd have a series today, and a funny one at that.
I thought I read that this special is being shown, or has been shown, in the UK this year, so I don't think TV airings are out of the question for this special.

Marky

Reaction score
Well, proof is in the pudding.

So where's the pudding?

Waka Waka