A Really Weird Thing...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/US/pizza_deaths030905.html

Report: Note Had Bomb Instructions

According to a report today in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the note Wells had that gave instructions for the bank robbery also contained instructions for where he could go after the heist to get the bomb defused. The newspaper cited an anonymous law enforcement source.

Investigators originally were looking into three theories: that Wells was working alone when he robbed the bank, that he was a willing participant in a plot with other people or that he was forced to rob the bank — a "bomb hostage."

FBI agent Ken McCabe said Wednesday on ABCNEWS' Good Morning America that evidence has investigators leaning more toward the last two theories — that Wells was either in on the bank robbery plot with other people or that someone put the bomb on his neck and compelled him to rob the bank.

"We have moved a little bit further away from initially thinking that he was doing this by himself, where the facts and evidence are leading us into a direction that there may have been other people involved," McCabe said.

The locking collar that held the bomb around Wells' neck appears to have been homemade, McCabe said, and a weapon he carried — "some kind of gun," the FBI agent said — also was unique and apparently homemade. It was reportedly in the shape of a walking cane

So, he could have been saved and died because of the cops?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
That's the general feeling around here, but it sounds like he probably would have died anyway because the bomb was extremely complicated and most likely would have taken several hours to diffuse. It probably still would have gone off before they had a chance to remove it. But people still feel that the police did not handle the situation very well at all. :frown:
Erin

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Speaking of really weird/scary things...
We had a murder-suicide on our street yesterday morning. Well, ATTEMPTED murder, at least, b/c last I heard, the lady's still in critical condition. It was a young couple, just seperated, with a baby. They were having an arguement, and he dragged her outside, threw on her on the ground, and pulled a gun on her. She still had the baby in her arms. One of the neighbors called the police, and they had arrived while he was still standing over her. When they told him to put the gun down and get away from her, he shot her and then turned the gun on himself. All this we heard from neighbors and the police report, we didn't see it.
It's pretty weird, we live in such a nice, quiet neighborhood, it's VERY rural out here....The whole street's still in a good deal of shock....I kind of freaked when I'd heard WHO it was, because I used to talk to the lady sometimes when I was out walking Comet....Though I didn't know her name until yesterday....It's shaken me up a good deal.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oh my goodness, that is odd. We had a girl get shot last year, and everyone still talks about it (and will probably be the same since you live in a rural area, also) I hope all returns to (somewhat) normal somewhat quickly

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Just found out she didn't make it. :sympathy: I wonder what'll happen to their baby....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Over the weekend, a report went to Memphis Fire Departments that a drain on the street had flames in it and smoke was billowing out of it. After putting it out and researching to see where the fire started they found it was a woman's body.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Over the weekend, a report went to Memphis Fire Departments that a drain on the street had flames in it and smoke was billowing out of it. After putting it out and researching to see where the fire started they found it was a woman's body.
:eek: How awful!! :cry:
Erin

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Well

in colorado, there was a similer story, only a guy kidnaped this girl who worked at the bank on a lunch break at a restrant donw the street, so he gave HER the bomb, made her walk in with it, tell evey one it was a bomb, rob her own bank, walk out side and ginve him the money, and took her car to get way, it was crazy, but come to find out the "bomb" was not a bomb but alot of junk crazy hu? :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's a good one (Memphis is full of crime lately): Right down the road from my apartments a guy robbed the bank, then was chased 2 miles away to a house where he ran in and began holding a family hostage at gunpoint.

What is the DEAL with the world??