A new Muppet webcomic

The Narrator

Reaction score
Well, the holiday season is over and I've not had much time to post during the season... but I did manage to get not one, but two comics up for January. The Muppet Times has officially begun and you can view the latest acts below (note, that links for each post are only valid for the month they're posted. I hope to have an archive in Deviant Art starting February for past comics):

Season 1, Act 1

Season 1, Act 1.5

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I love these! I think I mentioned that before when viewing some of your other work, but I'll gladly say it again. Question: what kind of lighting and camera(s) are you using when creating the images?

The Narrator

Reaction score
I use a Microsoft LiveCam VX-6000 webcam for photography. For smaller comic-style photos, I think it works better than my digital camera--and is easier to rig up in unique positions. I'm still working on lighting. I take the photos in my home office, which has a standard overhead light and a nearby window. To help with the glare, I use a positional office light, which I point at the ceiling and, sometimes I'll bring in a standing lamp and use that for lighting. I switched lighting sources multiple times in the course of these comics, to try to accommodate for the darker figure and the glare off other figures. My biggest goal is to always keep the Muppet figures texture showing, as I like the depth it gives them. Some day I'll clean up the rest of my office so that I can take pictures of what goes into making these comics. ...Writing them is the easy part!

The Narrator

Reaction score
It's the first of the month and that means Muppet Times has a new issue! Since the back issues of Collector Times can be hard to search, you can also catch up on previous months at my website, here. (And, if you don't quite get this month's reference, it might be because you're not yet familiar with my previous effort: Pork Factor 9.)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HAHAHA! VERY funny! Great writing! Impressive posing, too! I really like these! Glad to see a new web comic making the rounds!

The Narrator

Reaction score
Thanks, prawncracker! See, this is why I like action figures with lots of articulation. :big_grin:

The Narrator

Reaction score
Been a bit too busy at the office lately to do much more than surf forums and not reply to the posts I want to reply to. But at least I'm still on schedule with Muppet Times! The archives have also been updated on my own site, which you can visit by clicking this link. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy making them!