A Christmas Talk with my Dad

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this Chirstmas my mom my girlfriend and myself are heading to the great state of Virgina. Now this is really exiting but yet is going to be a very somber trip. becuse I am taking my girlfriend to my father's grave. This will be the frist time i have been to his grave sence his death and im kind of nervious about it. i really want it to be specal in a way for my girfriend there is just so much of my past she will never understand and i want her to. so by me taking her there and talking to my dads grave i think she will just get a little glimps of what i have truly been throgh. I have been so mad and hurt at my dad for a long time well untill tonight (its probly near 4 :00 in the morring when im writting this) that i was really mad at my dad for dieing wen i was a kid. butt im kind of just a little thankfull now becaus if he had not died we would have not moved from East Tn to Nashville and if we hadnt moved here i know i would have never meet the most wonderfull person n my life my Girlfriend who i want to spend the rest of my life with and have a wonderfull family. I want to be able for my dad to look down frome heaven and see his son doing good treating his mother amd brother right and haveing a loving wife and kids that i will love and suport. i know that i can only do the best i can but i love my dad and i hope to become a great dad for my kids one fine day.

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Best of luck to you on such a meaningful trip. I hope all goes well for you.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i've never found it easy to go to a grave sight and to see some one who has been dead for some time. it's just me though. all i have to say is good luck to you and your family on this event.

ryan

camillachick

Reaction score
I hope your trip goes well and this Christmas has joy in it along with your sorrow. I dated a guy who lost his mom a few years before I met him. Now, the only people I ever lost were living far away and very old. I will tell you that if your girlfriend had never lost anyone close to her, it may be hard for her to understand what you have gone through and probably still go through over your father's death. I had a lot of trouble understanding how my boyfriend felt simply because I had never "been there" in that postion myself. It sounds like you both care for each other a lot and so I'm sure she supports you and wants to do whatever she can for you. Just keep in mind she may not be able to know exactly what it is like for you. Good luck and please know that you have friends here too if you need us.
-CamillaC.