1991-1993 Transitional Years

Erine81981

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed during these years is it seems to be when they did their first cutback of classic skits. Before this it was common to see a handful of old sketches from the 70's in the new episodes. But once 1993 came around, it got to a point where, you might get one really old skit every once in a while.
Yes that's how i always saw it as. I would really love to see them take on this type of format this coming 40th season but that's only me dreaming again.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed during these years is it seems to be when they did their first cutback of classic skits. Before this it was common to see a handful of old sketches from the 70's in the new episodes. But once 1993 came around, it got to a point where, you might get one really old skit every once in a while.
Think they just simpley retire older clips to amke room for newer ones.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Think they just simpley retire older clips to amke room for newer ones.

Exactly. Though certain things were cut in the late 80's... I think they stopped showing stuff like the Baker skits and Jazz numbers just before the 90's. Of course, Pinball number count for example was retired just a few years ago.