1976 U.K. I.T.V. air dates?

Jon

Reaction score
Does anybody have them?

I have some from T.V.com but am unsure as to how accurate they are.

Thanks.

David French

Reaction score
I think that one lists the US airdates.

A better one is from the epguides.com web site which lists the airdates from the Midlands region. Oddly enough that one lists George Burns twice and omits Dudley Moore.

Jon

Reaction score
That's just what i was after!
Very helpfull.

Thankyou.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
*Notes. These dates refer to the London-area ITV transmissions - however only 23 of the 24 first-series episodes were screened in the capital. All 24 were broadcast in the Midlands (ATV's own area), beginning on 5 September 1976, seven weeks ahead of London, but ending on 23 April 1977, three weeks after. Forty-five of the 120 episodes were screened by BBC1 from 8 February 1986 to 7 October 1987.

Transmission Details
Number of episodes: 120 Length: 30 mins
*Series One (24) 24 Oct 1976-2 Apr 1977, Sun 5.35pm then Sat 5.15pm
Series Two (30) 30 Sep 1977-23 Apr 1978, Fri 7pm then Sun 7.15pm
Series Three (18) 17 Nov 1978-9 Mar 1979, mostly Fri 7pm
Series Four (24) 24 Oct 1979-4 Apr 1980, Fri mostly 7pm
Series Five (24) 5 Oct 1980-15 Mar 1981, Sun 5.30pm

source bbc.co.uk
hope it helps :smile:

Jon

Reaction score
Thats something i would like to know as well.

At any rate,although i lived near by the london area that wasn't the schedule our area got. We did infact get the same schedule as the atv midlands. No missing episodes.

Incidently,in my area season 2 was not a primetime weekend show in it's transmission but a week slot comming right after british soap ''Crossroads''.

Anyone else remember that?

anathema

Reaction score
Some information...

I'm in the process of compiling (or at least, trying to!) a full set of UK tx dates for the show. The first season was run by most - but not all - ITV franchises including ATV, YTV, Granada, HTV, Anglia, Tyne Tees and Westward, plus London. Running order and dates varied considerably from region to region and as noted above, not all episodes aired in each region.

By the second season things were beginning to settle down, presumably because the show was now an established hit and more franchises started to take the networked feed from ATV (Granada being a notable exception). Confirmed broadcasters at this point are: ATV, HTV, YTV, Granada, Southern, Anglia, Westward and Grampian, plus London.

Third season onwards pretty much everyone was running the networked broadcasts, although there may still have been regional dropouts or variations.

The dates on epguide.com look like they're probably ATV/network dates, although there are some definite errors: George Burns aired on September 30, not 20 as stated there.

Dudley Moore may have aired on Oct 26 1979. The ITV strike had ended on the 24th, and (obviously) there hadn't been any warning of this so no listings magazines were published until the following week (and then only with reduced information - the TVTimes for Oct 27 - Nov 2 1979 confirms that a TMS aired on the 2nd but doesn't provide any details), so there may be no publically available source of listings for the 26th.

If anyone's interested, my current airdate grid can be viewed here: www.digitalis.plus.com/muppetshow.txt. All dates are in dd/mm/yy format.

Jon

Reaction score
Very interesting indeed,thankyou both for your help.