¡Viva la Puntuación!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Indeed it is! I can't truly express my feelings for this matter with a single "!"! I need to at least double up! *puts MC muffin supply in [ ]* There, we've taken away the resource that feeds this place, we'll have victory in no time.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Switch Pitchforks for Percentage signs, people, and we'll storm the MC Castle! [Is it true that people can't read what we're saying inside brackets?] Alternately, we could simply hyjack *'s and no one would have any action for days...*shifty eyes* Not that some of us get any anyway...

Bea:zany:{And what about these brackets?}regard

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Board the & boats, mister Beau! We're taking this war out to sea! With all the surfing going on here we'll need to dominate the ocean!

I will take on the dangerous mention of, as you said, hijacking every * this forum has ever known! $-speed my friend! *flies off*

[I can read all brackets.]

Beauregard

Reaction score
[Good, then we'll discuss stratergy...!]

*sends ^'s ~'s and /'s into flight loaded with iron .'s and ,'s*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aside from the muffining that's already begun in this thread...

Didn't Phillip explain that people were beginning to abuse the use of certain puncuation marks (like question marks and exclamation points), hence why they edited it to where whenever you try to use more than one in a line it's been edited to only include the first one, with the exception of three periods in a row indicating a pause (I forget what that's called)?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well I understand that it mayhave been abused, but I think that if it is being abused it can quickly be edited so just that post doesn't sound so harsh... but that's just me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
People were...But people have been punished! If it has to be limited, limit it to three...

*thwacks Snowthy, gently, upside the head with !* Abused? Never *innocent*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What are ya talking about?.!

He he! I made a white . between the ? and ! symbols (however a space does just as well) and it turns out just fine. It's a good work-around for those who find it important to use such punctuation contextually while still discouraging those for more "overly passionate" purposes. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...I suppose this might work ! ! ! ...But doesn't have the same kind of a context...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beau's right... it would be much easier to just type them without the space... I dunno, I just feel like it's very unneeded to not allow it.