¡Viva la Puntuación!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how punctuation can be abused...
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

That's how. :smile:

Anyway, I remember being one of the people that abused the privilege of punctuation. Never to be hurtful with them, merely for comedic effect with a certain wooden clipboard that shall continue to remain anonymous.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
*cough* Um, I think maybe your example isn't helping our case, Super Scooter. ><

peyjenk

Reaction score
*cough* Um, I think maybe your example isn't helping our case, Super Scooter. ><
I agree. I think it is time to bind Super Scooter with a few [s and ]s, gag him with @s and beat him with !s while throwing *s at his head until we get our triple-?s back. :big_grin:

(just teasin' ya, pal!)

Anywhoo...

I still can't see how extra punctuation marks ever got to be such an epidemic that they had to be completely banned, even if some over-zealous posters (who shall remain *ahem* nameless) went a little crazy from time to time.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I'm actually kind of against the multiple punctuation now. I kinda see how it can be annoying.

But, "que sera, sera." I'm cool with whatever.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I, too, think it can be annoying (I am an senior English major in college, so I can be pretty hard-nosed about punctuation), but think it is going a little overboard to prohibit them on an online forum.

Beauregard

Reaction score

That's how. :smile:

Anyway, I remember being one of the people that abused the privilege of punctuation. Never to be hurtful with them, merely for comedic effect with a certain wooden clipboard that shall continue to remain anonymous.
I seem to recall that clipboard later turned rotten and collapses...Poor thing...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
But, "que sera, sera." I'm cool with whatever.
Who's Sera? :stick_out_tongue:

What do we want? Allowance for the use of multiple punctuation marks! When do we want it? Whenever we can get it!

...I think we need a new strike writer. (No, NOT writer's strike.)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Bump>

I was recently looking at old fanfic threads and noticed a time when I was SO stunned by what had happened in the chapter that I was entirely inarticulate and, desperate for SOME means of communication, I began my post with nothing but punctuation: a line of periods, followed by a line of exclamation marks. Some were underlined, some bold, some italicized, some bright red... It was really a very profound statement, all things considered, and I DID follow it with real words. But it wouldn't be possible to make that post today, because of the punctuation restrictions... and that saddens me.