Dealing with depression and anxiety

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm sorry you're going through a hard time Hubert. It can be hard to try and act outgoing when you tend to be quiet, even if you want to be more outgoing. I had the same issue when I was a freshman in college. I wanted to have a big social life and make jokes all the time, but I tried to force it and felt really awkward. After a while I decided to try and let it happen naturally, and it worked. Perhaps you could try just letting things happen with your personality rather than trying to consciously be more outgoing.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Thanks. That really did help me out a lot. I feel like that is very much true. :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
You ever feel left out? You ever feel like maybe somebody's talking bad about you behind your back? Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Hubert

Reaction score
You ever feel left out? You ever feel like maybe somebody's talking bad about you behind your back? Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Sadly, that is often another one of the things that comes with this quiet and shy... :frown:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I feel like that sometimes. It's not the happiest feeling. Hopefully it passes soon for you. :sympathy:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
The best thing to do about paranoia about the popular crowd whispering and giggling about you, not even having the decency to insult you to your face, is to remember how shallow, petty, and pathetic that type is. Not worth your time, attention, or concern. So what if they mock you? How sad is it for them that making fun of other people is the only way they can bolster their own tiny egos? Worthless psychological runts. Ignore them. Be who you are and the world can take it or leave it.

Trust me. It works MUCH better that way. Plus you're more likely to find and make REAL friends who admire you for YOU.

Hey Hubert. I like the You on here. PM me sometime if you want to just vent. :sympathy:
-------------

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know I've said this before but being the only Asian in my classes particuarly in elementary school was really hard for me. I'm not saying I got bullied but I did get the occasional Asian stereo type questions...it hurt more when people would ask me about why I looked the way I did. Even now I still have some identity issues resulting from that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But lately I've been feeling pretty down in the dumps due to my extreme amount of shyness and quiet in my everyday life. I'm just (believe it or not) such a quiet person, and it just has been hard for me to break out of that lately.

It seems like it all comes and goes in cycles...for a while I was really shy, and then I started to get out of that, then I dipped back in, then out, and now I'm in again, though this time it seems deeper than before. :sigh:
I've always been the same way. People were always telling me to "stop being shy" or "tell yourself you won't be shy" but that only made it worse. After a long time I realized I had to learn to love and accept myself, occasional shyness and all. That's just how I am sometimes and there's nothing wrong with that. When you take the pressure off yourself it gets easier to be more comfortable around people.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been without power for a week! :coy:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I've learned sometimes things are easier said then done. People can't change so easily.