Sesame Street comics coming fall 2012 from Ape Entertainment

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If only I had somewhere in my town that sells comics...

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know how I used to complain that since Boom stopped doing Disney comics, that there's not enough comics to fill that void? Now I gotta buy like 6 different ones a month. This is probably number 7. I've been calling for a Sesame Street comic since the Muppet and Fraggle Rock lines. I can't believe it's actually happening.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of the articles says that they want to include a balance of new and old characters, but they didn't exactly say it'd include obscure or old school characters. I'm sure characters like Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, and The Count will be seen in the comic books more than they have in the last few seasons, but I'm hoping it'll have appearances by characters like Biff and Sully, Guy Smiley, Sherlock Hemlock, Forgetful Jones, and others. I'd be pleaseantly surprised if it were to include characters as obscure as Aristotle or Leslie Mostly.

Heck, I remember wondering this kind of thing about the Muppet Show comic books. I felt sure they'd include many of the minor characters (especialy since they wouldn't have to rebuild any puppets), but then saw images from the preview comic and the cover and didn't see anybody who was that obscure (the most obscure would be a Snowth but I think even casual fans would recognize them). But then the first Tough Pigs interview with Roger Langridge confirmed it would include obscure characters (they said to send any questions we had and so I sent that question to Tough Pigs).

But with Amy Mebberson drawing this maybe she'll be able to confirm if they plan to include minor characters or not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's all too soon to tell what exactly these comics will be like, so we can't tell if they're going to use obscure characters or not quite yet. I'm sure they would likely have some, even if they're drawn silently in the background.

There are too many questions that are arising, and I'm sure the staff at Ape want to keep everything a surprise for everyone... as well as establish a happy medium between little kids who this thing is directed to and the adult fanbase that want to collect them as well. The only thing I'm wondering is how far of a kid's comic would it be, and would the language have to be very simplistic, if kids are just learning how to read, or if this was designed for parents to read to their kids or something.

All I know is, I'm still excited about it.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
That's great!
I can't wait for more characters like the Honkers, the Dingers, the Martians, Deena and Pearl, and maybe the International SS characters (Abelardo, Kami, etc.)

This is one comic book Sesame Street fans can enjoy! :laugh:
:wisdom::grouchy::stick_out_tongue::frown:
:insatiable::batty:
:super:
:search:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I check comic book resources like every single day (so I can keep track of what comes out every week), and if there was any info, it would be there.
Yet it isn't. Ape really seems to be under the radar as far as comic go. There's apparently a Penguins of Madagascar series that came out a whole 2 years after the first graphic novel compilation and I never heard of it prior.