Sesame Street comics coming fall 2012 from Ape Entertainment

Drtooth

Reaction score
If nothing else, we're getting a free one.

Too bad the flipside comic is Strawberry Shortsheets, though.

Hubert

Reaction score
Cool! Except...am I the only one a tad alarmed by the heavy featuring of Elmo on the cover? I really don't want this to become a comic based majorly on Elmo...but you can't judge a book by its cover, I suppose.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I have yet to see this at G-mart in downtown Champaign. It's nearly the end of the year, and we have just a few weeks before Christmas. No sign of this comic around the Champaign Urbana area yet.

Hubert

Reaction score
I have yet to see this at G-mart in downtown Champaign. It's nearly the end of the year, and we have just a few weeks before Christmas. No sign of this comic around the Champaign Urbana area yet.
The first comic released will be in May on Free Comic Book Day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The first comic released will be in May on Free Comic Book Day.
I don't know if that's exactly the case. I never really followed Ape (I miss out on Penguins of Madagascar), so I don't know if they introduce things on FCBD or they use it to promote a line that's just out (Like Boom typically does). Ape doesn't submit previews to Comicbookresources or anywhere like that. Maybe it is and isn't... I just don't want the lousy surprise of seeing a Sesame Street comic the day 2 others I collect pop up.

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't know if that's exactly the case. I never really followed Ape (I miss out on Penguins of Madagascar), so I don't know if they introduce things on FCBD or they use it to promote a line that's just out (Like Boom typically does). Ape doesn't submit previews to Comicbookresources or anywhere like that. Maybe it is and isn't... I just don't want the lousy surprise of seeing a Sesame Street comic the day 2 others I collect pop up.
I assumed that that is the case based on TP's report, but you're right, they may not. I was more just simply expressing the point that the reason tutter_fan hasn't found them is because none are out yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And we have a confirmed month in which these come out in. April.

Great... that's when Boom starts up Regular Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Too bad there's no sign of whether any obscure classic-era characters will be included. Hopefully they'll be included even if they're not on the cover (at first I was worried that Boom would ignore anybody who wasn't on the first cover, and obviously we got many obscure characters in the Boom comics).