1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street comics coming fall 2012 from Ape Entertainment

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

If only I had somewhere in my town that sells comics...
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know how I used to complain that since Boom stopped doing Disney comics, that there's not enough comics to fill that void? Now I gotta buy like 6 different ones a month. This is probably number 7. I've been calling for a Sesame Street comic since the Muppet and Fraggle Rock lines. I can't believe it's actually happening.
  4. Drtooth

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

One of the articles says that they want to include a balance of new and old characters, but they didn't exactly say it'd include obscure or old school characters. I'm sure characters like Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, and The Count will be seen in the comic books more than they have in the last few seasons, but I'm hoping it'll have appearances by characters like Biff and Sully, Guy Smiley, Sherlock Hemlock, Forgetful Jones, and others. I'd be pleaseantly surprised if it were to include characters as obscure as Aristotle or Leslie Mostly.

Heck, I remember wondering this kind of thing about the Muppet Show comic books. I felt sure they'd include many of the minor characters (especialy since they wouldn't have to rebuild any puppets), but then saw images from the preview comic and the cover and didn't see anybody who was that obscure (the most obscure would be a Snowth but I think even casual fans would recognize them). But then the first Tough Pigs interview with Roger Langridge confirmed it would include obscure characters (they said to send any questions we had and so I sent that question to Tough Pigs).

But with Amy Mebberson drawing this maybe she'll be able to confirm if they plan to include minor characters or not.
  6. Drtooth

It's all too soon to tell what exactly these comics will be like, so we can't tell if they're going to use obscure characters or not quite yet. I'm sure they would likely have some, even if they're drawn silently in the background.

There are too many questions that are arising, and I'm sure the staff at Ape want to keep everything a surprise for everyone... as well as establish a happy medium between little kids who this thing is directed to and the adult fanbase that want to collect them as well. The only thing I'm wondering is how far of a kid's comic would it be, and would the language have to be very simplistic, if kids are just learning how to read, or if this was designed for parents to read to their kids or something.

All I know is, I'm still excited about it.
  7. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

That's great!
    I can't wait for more characters like the Honkers, the Dingers, the Martians, Deena and Pearl, and maybe the International SS characters (Abelardo, Kami, etc.)

This is one comic book Sesame Street fans can enjoy! :laugh:[​IMG]:wisdom::grouchy::p:([​IMG]:insatiable::batty: [​IMG]:super:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:search: [​IMG]
  8. catherine

catherine Active Member

would they be available over here in the uk?
  9. Oscarfan

Anyone word of these?
  10. Drtooth

I check comic book resources like every single day (so I can keep track of what comes out every week), and if there was any info, it would be there.
    Yet it isn't. Ape really seems to be under the radar as far as comic go. There's apparently a Penguins of Madagascar series that came out a whole 2 years after the first graphic novel compilation and I never heard of it prior.
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It seems you could say the same about the Muppet Show "Four Seasons" comics.
  12. Drtooth

I don't know why Marvel/Disney doesn't promote the Muppet comic line, but it can't be for lack of sales, because the last 2 issues I got were the last one one the shelves, and I go the very day that comics are released. At least with the Marvel comics, I found out they come out first Wed of the month. And there's only one left to go, so I don't have to fret over that one. Kinda depressed it's over, but considering that Snarked and the TMNT micro series (at the moment) are both over, it frees up money to get other comics I had to push aside.

But really... where's the info on when these Sesame Street things come out? I'd rather not be caught unaware and miss it.
  13. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

You know, I must say, when I heard "Sesame Street comics", I thought it sounded a little strange. But now that I know what they're going for, I think it's a great idea!

Comics are great materials when children are learning to read, and I love this idea of introducing them early on with age-approprite characters and stories.
  14. Oscarfan

Yeah, if only we'd actually see them!
  15. SuperGzilla12

Oh, has there been a delay or something?
  16. Oscarfan

Not exactly, we just haven't heard anything about them since the announcement in April. They claimed they would be released in the fall, but so far, we've heard nothing else.
  17. SuperGzilla12

O
    Oh man, I know how THAT feels.

Well, I really hope it's not cancelled or anything because, as I said, it's a brilliant idea.
  18. Drtooth

It's a company that doesn't really announce much on Comic sites unless they're announcing a new product line. There hasn't even been any artists or editors mention the project, or even pop into this message board like Boom and Archaia did when they had their comics. I hope it isn't dead in the water. I don't think it is. It's probably not a cheap license by any means to procure, but it would be nice to hear something.
  19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

so have these ever gotten released
  20. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member