1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street comics coming fall 2012 from Ape Entertainment

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

If nothing else, we're getting a free one.

Too bad the flipside comic is Strawberry Shortsheets, though.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Cool! Except...am I the only one a tad alarmed by the heavy featuring of Elmo on the cover? I really don't want this to become a comic based majorly on Elmo...but you can't judge a book by its cover, I suppose.
  3. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I have yet to see this at G-mart in downtown Champaign. It's nearly the end of the year, and we have just a few weeks before Christmas. No sign of this comic around the Champaign Urbana area yet.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The first comic released will be in May on Free Comic Book Day.
  5. Drtooth

I don't know if that's exactly the case. I never really followed Ape (I miss out on Penguins of Madagascar), so I don't know if they introduce things on FCBD or they use it to promote a line that's just out (Like Boom typically does). Ape doesn't submit previews to Comicbookresources or anywhere like that. Maybe it is and isn't... I just don't want the lousy surprise of seeing a Sesame Street comic the day 2 others I collect pop up.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I assumed that that is the case based on TP's report, but you're right, they may not. I was more just simply expressing the point that the reason tutter_fan hasn't found them is because none are out yet.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

From TP, the first issue will have six different covers, five of which make this very pretty interlocking image

[​IMG]
  8. Drtooth

And we have a confirmed month in which these come out in. April.

Great... that's when Boom starts up Regular Show.
    galagr likes this.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Too bad there's no sign of whether any obscure classic-era characters will be included. Hopefully they'll be included even if they're not on the cover (at first I was worried that Boom would ignore anybody who wasn't on the first cover, and obviously we got many obscure characters in the Boom comics).
  10. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

11. Drtooth

It all depends on the writer. I can see, at the very least, someone sneaking in someone obscure in a crowd scene. I'm sure we'll see a lot of the main core cast at first. Who knows what we'll see if this becomes a hit?
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow! Those covers are beautiful (though I don't particularly care for the last one on the end). Man, now I really want these if I didn't before.
    galagr likes this.
  13. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

Geez, if there are really going to be 6 different covers for this particular issue, it's probably going to be pretty hard to decide which one I'm going to choose from! Does anyone else feel that way?
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i want bert ernie count and grover all on one :p:(:batty::super:
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm half tempted to buy all the covers...but if I had to choose, I think I might want the Barkley, Cookie and Count one, or maybe the Big Bird, Baby Bear, and Telly.
  16. Drtooth

It's April, and still no news on the exact day of its release. They usually have a date within a couple months of the initial announcement.

I'd hate to not expect it and be short the price of the comic, finding it unannounced. When you're on a limited budget, yet collect several monthly titles, it's a real pain in the neck.
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Apparently, it's coming out in May now.
  18. Drtooth

As long as they release it. Seems like they keep delaying it for some reason. Unless it ships in April for a May release. That sometimes happens.
  19. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I was going to say that the last time I was in the local comic store (that I'm familiar with), I hadn't seen any SS comics.