Rumor: Finding Nemo 2?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, they could just drop the "Finding" part and call it "Nemo 2" or something. People will still know what it is. Though like everyone else has said, I can't see much as far as sequel material goes...
Toy Story and Cars had "2" because the name really didn't give a mention of the plot. Monsters Inc could have been a 2 under that logic as well, but they wanted a prequel and a different plot, so they changed the name. In fact, before the project went into further development, it was called Monsters Inc 2.

So I guess they're going to need to change the title, but keep the "Nemo" part for marketing purposes. Something like, "Nemo: Lust for Glory."

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Gosh, NO! I hope this isn't true! It will ruin the first movie for me.
It doesn't need a sequel, and should not get one, it's better to just leave it untouched. Leave the series how it is now, don't add anything, don't take anything away. With all these movies, I extremely enjoy the first movie and then a stupid sequel comes along and ruins my thoughts on the first movie and the second movie.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Mmm... not going to worry about this one too much until I see more about it. They might have a different story entirely planned, if this is real at all.

Why no A Bug's Life sequel? I loved that movie, and there has to be more tales to tell in that world. Sigh.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Going a little off-topic here...are there any plans to release The Incredibles in 3D? I was watching it the other night and I kept thinking "That would look great in 3D!" I'm surprised they haven't thought about it.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I do not want Pixar to release a sequel, but I can imagine lots of ways Nemo can get lost again. Getting lost while exploring the big blue, an unexpected change in ocean current, a predator threatens to eat them and they get separated while escaping…

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mmm... not going to worry about this one too much until I see more about it. They might have a different story entirely planned, if this is real at all.

Why no A Bug's Life sequel? I loved that movie, and there has to be more tales to tell in that world. Sigh.

Actually, we should take the Rumor out of the title. It's pretty much been confirmed.

However, this film won't be out for at least 4 years, if anything. Thankfully we have at least 2 more original films to go through. The Good Dinosaur and "Untitled Pixar Movie that Takes You into the Human Mind" which sounds like it could be a great stream of conscience film, or a hugely pretentious disaster.

As for Bug's Life... I'd love to see a spinoff film about PT Flea's circus. That would be a brilliant film. Hopefully they can avoid that Three Amigos-ness of the first film. I really do like Bug's Life, but I find it very unfortunate that Dreamwork's Antz took the subject deeper and darker, making Bugs Life look too kiddy by comparison.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really don't think that was one of their stronger movies... it certainly seems to be one of their more under-rated movies nowadays, when people look back on all the Pixar accomplishments over the years, that one seems to be forgotten.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, we REALLY need another Brad Bird epic, whether it's a sequel to The Incredibles (Ratatouille certainly needs not a sequel), or another completely new story and characters altogether, he has a way of telling a story with his movies, they're almost like Don Bluth's movies, the stories are a little edgier, the characters have deeper personalities that are explored throughout the movie, yet all the while still remaining completely acceptable for kids to watch.

Slightly OT, when I was at the store not too long ago, I saw that Sarah Vowel (who voiced Violet in The Incredibles) had a new book out; I'd have to take a look at her featurette on the DVD again, but I believe she's generally a historical author, I remember her saying it's easier for her to write about dead people than living people, and that she thinks of Abraham Lincoln as one of the first true super heroes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've said it before, but I'll say it again, we REALLY need another Brad Bird epic, whether it's a sequel to The Incredibles (Ratatouille certainly needs not a sequel), or another completely new story and characters altogether, he has a way of telling a story with his movies, they're almost like Don Bluth's movies, the stories are a little edgier, the characters have deeper personalities that are explored throughout the movie, yet all the while still remaining completely acceptable for kids to watch.

Brad's one of the best theatrical animation directors out there. The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and the depressingly underrated Iron Giant are all masterpiece films. Rat was definitely for older audiences... not so much for inappropriate content, but rather highly sophisticated content that would go over the heads of kids (who think they can subside on blue candy, pizza and fries).

He's apparently busy with another project, and he's made the swing to live action films. He's working on one now, supposedly, and it isn't even his first. Remember the Mission Impossible movie that came out last Christmas? He directed it. I wish I could have seen it.

But he does indeed want to make an Incredibles 2. He's been talking about it for a few years now, but he needs a strong script first. I'd say I liked Incredibles over Watchmen... and not even the movie. Over the comic book. But it needs a very strong script to outdo the first film. It was very powerful, and it was a dark satire. They need that same sort of thing amped up.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Disney I'll Give You Some Ideas if Pixar won't cooperate
Toy Story 4-What You Thought We Would End it Well?
Bug's Life 2-Exterminator Attack
Finding Nemo 2-Darn It Son You're Lost Again?
Incredibles 2-Whatever the heck happened with the Underminer?
Rata2ouille-Look for the pun in the title
Walle 2-Wall-e makes a family literally.
Up 2-Up ....again.
That being said I love all Pixar films, except Cars 2 which I like alright. I"m just saying sequels aren't necessary, but I'd like an Incredibles 2.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That being said I love all Pixar films, except Cars 2 which I like alright. I"m just saying sequels aren't necessary, but I'd like an Incredibles 2.
Cars 2 was about merchandise. I still marginally like it over the second. At least it was much more visually stunning... and I'm sure if I wasn't the ONLY one on the planet that didn't get around to seeing Big Lebowski yet, I'd appreciate it more. But then again, while I did like Cars, I just wasn't close enough to the franchise to find the second one an affront to it.

You know what? I know what Finding Nemo 2 should be. Not a sequel, but rather a spinoff film about the aquarium gang having massive trouble trying to adapt to ocean life, to the point where at least half the group wonders if getting what they wished for wasn't the worst of their problems.

And of course, Nemo, his Dad, and Dory are there to help them adapt.