Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Beauregard

Reaction score
Haha. You may need to get that looked at... But, at least you'll be able to quote the movie word-for-word and will be our go-to-girl for questions about the movie!

"In which scene do you see the most of Sweetums?"
"What did Miss Piggy say to Poogy the first time they met?"
"Who is Muppet Man's right-arm?"
...etc.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Haha. You may need to get that looked at... But, at least you'll be able to quote the movie word-for-word and will be our go-to-girl for questions about the movie!

"In which scene do you see the most of Sweetums?"
"What did Miss Piggy say to Poogy the first time they met?"
"Who is Muppet Man's right-arm?"
...etc.
I'm just a Muppet fan who loved the movie that's all. It's just my go to movie that I watch everynight. :smile: I should note that I've ONLY watch it once everyday. I don't sit and watch it 10 times in oneday. Like I said I do put my real life first.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
But to your questions

1. That question could have a few answers could be when they recreated him chasing their car from The Muppet Movie, During them rehersing or when he answers the phone during the telethon.

2. "Hold it right there sausage snout"

3. And Kermit :smile:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Which brings me to another part of the movie that makes me laugh every time: Both of Scooter's arms sticking out of that Muppet Man sleeve, which indicates that poor Scooter is jammed into that tiny sleeve!

I wonder if, like Pinkflower, this will wind up being the Muppet movie I see the most in my life. That record now belongs to TMM (I've lost count but I'm sure it's been at least a dozen times), with GMC not far behind (seven), then MFS (at least four) and then MTI (three). I've now seen The Muppets four times (three times in English, once in French) and I know it's good enough to warrant more viewings, so we'll see...

I agree with Pinkflower that there's something special about seeing the Muppets on a big screen. The Muppets was the fourth such film for me - the others were GMC (at the age of eight), MCC, and MFS - and even MCC (which I didn't like that much) and MFS (which is pretty much the Muppets' big-screen black sheep) made me happy because it showed Hollywood hadn't given up on the Muppets, nor had the Muppets and their behind-the-scenes backers given up on themselves.

How happy was I to see the Muppets back in movie theatres last fall? When the official Disney intro came up (after the Toy Story cartoon), I thanked Walt Disney Pictures - out loud - for bringing them back to the big screen. I even did that again during one of our two home viewings...I realized yesterday that I could forgive Disney for decades of missteps (even Cars 2) simply because they gave the Muppets even one movie, let alone two.

ryan19

Reaction score
I can totally relate to that story , i saw it 03 times when it was playing here .
it is also my first ever muppet experience on the big screen ... & i loved every second of it .
sadly the dvd is not out here yet so all i can do is recollect what my brain can humbly recall .
but one movie i have watched hundreds of times (that has made its way from vhs to dvd ) is The Dark Crystal .
an old time favorite that will no doubt be played over & over & over again .

Muppetgirl1

Reaction score
I watched it about over 200 times with my nephew and he loves seeing :smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::fanatic::wink::sympathy::eek::big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo::hungry::cluck: he dances to the songs and sings along with them and he claps for the Muppets and he yells YEAH!!!!! at the end of the movie.

The Lovers, The Dreamers and me and you

miss muppet

Reaction score
I cried when he sung pictures in my head . And when he only took glance and miss piggy's picture that made me cry more because it was like he couldn't look at the picture without crying.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I cried when he sung pictures in my head . And when he only took glance and miss piggy's picture that made me cry more because it was like he couldn't look at the picture without crying.
Kermit didn't cry looking at Piggy's picture he was just sad...but he was sad in general looking at all the pictures of the gang. And if he'd just put a ring on it then they wouldn't be having all these relationship problems!!! LOL! In all seriousness I was glad this is probably the first film where they got to address the problems they were having in their relationship.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well said ma'm well said .
But I did think it was sad Piggy's picture was the only one that was covered. But that was understandable. This movie was probably the most I felt sorry for Kermit because you could tell he had been really lonely all those years. I'm glad in the next movie their going back to good old fashion Muppet comedy. :smile: