Conversation Question

Misskermie

Reaction score
Um, I'm not sure if this was disscussed yet, but there are some members that are active a lot of the time, but I can't invite them to conversations, or see what they're doing like I can with other Members. For example, I can't invite Mo to conversations or see what she's up to. Is it an adjustable option on your profile, or is it a mistake?:confused:

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if this will help, but a lot of the threads that I start get ignored by many. JUST SAYING

Misskermie

Reaction score
No no no, it's not like that. When I try to invite, and then I click, start conversation, it says, "You cannot start a conversation with the following participants: Mo"

PanthraDion

Reaction score
No no no, it's not like that. When I try to invite, and then I click, start conversation, it says, "You cannot start a conversation with the following participants: Mo"
Oh, well then... :laugh:... I've never tried one of those before.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
miss kermie,

Sorry you are having trouble. We want to make the forum as easy to use as possible for everyone.

Did you try typing "mo" with a lowercase m when inviting to a conversation? Double check this please, "mo" shows up fine in the invite dropdown list for me.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I tried it with both upper case and lower case, and it still isn't working.
It keeps saying that I can't start a conversation with her.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... If Mo is the sole person you want to have a conversation with, then I'd recommend the following.

1 Click on the link for Mo's name, that'll take you to that member's profile snapshot.
2 The snapshot profile should contain the member's name, title, gender, age, location, status quote, and links to visit their Profile Page and Start a Conversation.
3 Click on the link to Start a Conversation with Mo directly.
4 This will take you to the "Start a Conversation" page where Mo's name will already appear in the Participants edit field. Just add the title and message in the appropriate fields, and then click on the Start Conversation link.

If this still doesn't work, it may be that Mo has their own settings in place so as not to receive any conversations through the forums. You'd have to set a thread for this like "Paging Mo" or something to that effect.

Hope this helps. :jim:

Misskermie

Reaction score
I guess I just have to talk to her on threads, because the "start Conversation" button isn't there where I'd usually find it.

But thank you all for your help! I really appriciate it!:smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The user in question has disabled the ability to receive conversations. This setting can be controlled under one's user control panel.

Choose -----> Privacy -----> Edit Your Contact Details -----> Check or uncheck, Start conversations with you