1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Conversation Question

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Um, I'm not sure if this was disscussed yet, but there are some members that are active a lot of the time, but I can't invite them to conversations, or see what they're doing like I can with other Members. For example, I can't invite Mo to conversations or see what she's up to. Is it an adjustable option on your profile, or is it a mistake?:confused:
  2. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know if this will help, but a lot of the threads that I start get ignored by many. JUST SAYING
  3. miss kermie

No no no, it's not like that. When I try to invite, and then I click, start conversation, it says, "You cannot start a conversation with the following participants: Mo"
  4. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Oh, well then... :laugh:... I've never tried one of those before.
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

miss kermie,

Sorry you are having trouble. We want to make the forum as easy to use as possible for everyone.

Did you try typing "mo" with a lowercase m when inviting to a conversation? Double check this please, "mo" shows up fine in the invite dropdown list for me.
  6. miss kermie

I tried it with both upper case and lower case, and it still isn't working.
    It keeps saying that I can't start a conversation with her.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hmm... If Mo is the sole person you want to have a conversation with, then I'd recommend the following.

1 Click on the link for Mo's name, that'll take you to that member's profile snapshot.
    2 The snapshot profile should contain the member's name, title, gender, age, location, status quote, and links to visit their Profile Page and Start a Conversation.
    3 Click on the link to Start a Conversation with Mo directly.
    4 This will take you to the "Start a Conversation" page where Mo's name will already appear in the Participants edit field. Just add the title and message in the appropriate fields, and then click on the Start Conversation link.

If this still doesn't work, it may be that Mo has their own settings in place so as not to receive any conversations through the forums. You'd have to set a thread for this like "Paging Mo" or something to that effect.

Hope this helps. :jim:
  8. miss kermie

I guess I just have to talk to her on threads, because the "start Conversation" button isn't there where I'd usually find it.

But thank you all for your help! I really appriciate it!:)
  9. Phillip

The user in question has disabled the ability to receive conversations. This setting can be controlled under one's user control panel.

Choose -----> Privacy -----> Edit Your Contact Details -----> Check or uncheck, Start conversations with you
  10. miss kermie

Oh, Ok. Thank You Very Much.
  11. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

It's been a while. Are the conversations equivalent to the old PM system?
  12. Phillip

Yes. The biggest difference is that conversations appear in an easier to read thread view (one message after another on the same page) verses seperate pages for each message (like standard e-mail.)
  13. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I have a theory! yes it is me mo
    m-o
    from the m to the o
    also known as mikayla
    ocassionally refers to self as "m-dawg"
    ok?
    well as some of you may know you can choose to stay logged in.some of you do.I don't.
    I just don't but maybe some members do and that might be the problem.I could stay logged in! I don't mind! and jaz thanks for inviting me to conversations! I feel so special! in fact I will post a song about it!

well now that's over...I love you all! you guys rock!I am very proud of you!I will stay logged in!