Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

Redsonga

Reaction score
My problem is making hands too small with people. It is one of the reasons I like drawing animals better. i don't like drawing realistic humans anyway, and it's not like I want to be a professional artist :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can't draw human heads, but i have that problem drawing anthro style. My heads always seem too big but look weird proportionate. Or my hands are too small. Its funny. I can draw human bodies but not heads and I can draw animal heads but not bodies. Yay anthro! XD

ilovemusic

Reaction score
My problem is I'm still using some anime style, which makes eyes very big (explains my very, euhm, "creative" version of Zoot unshaded...). Also, I make my characters most of the times too skinny. Urgh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've just realized something about my art that explains what really draws people to it (and no, no pun was intended)...

In the past, I've made no secret in knowing that people really only are interested in my Chipmunk art, but I've realized that's it's not so much The Chipmunks in general they keep coming to see, but Jeanette specifically. She seems to have become like a token for me in my art: all I have to do is just draw her, it doesn't matter what the situation is, what the scenario is, or why she's even in the drawing in the first place, as long as she's there, I seem to be guaranteed a successful deviation - especially when she's in a 'new" or "different" outfit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hoo-hah! Talk about an easy score!

Has anyone else tried this: dA is giving everyone a special "offer", all you have to do is sit and watch some kind of cheesy video they made about kittens and such, and they'll remove the ads from your account for 24 hours... BA-DA-BA-BA-BA!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm glad dA has finally made an effrt to try and remedy the problems with the ads and all, and it's nice that they aren'tautomatically refreshing after 30 seconds anymore... now, they automatically refresh after a minute and a half, so that doesn't bog the site down QUITE as bit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In response to my earlier post about problems at dA, there's a new problem with IE I wish they would fix, in which the "shadows" don't match with the deviation thumbnails, so it almost looks like you've got this useless gray bar below the thumbnials.

But anyway, in my three years at deviantART, I sure have been introduced to a lot of really strange, unusual, and abstract fetishes (none of which I partake in), but there's at least a list of five fetishes that I just cannot comprehend...

5. Surgical masks. Well, I mean I've really only seen one person with this fetish, but I don't get it, I don't see what's so appealing about drawing cartoon characters in surgical masks...

4. Obesity: you see it quite often, various characters grown grotesquely and morbidly obese... actually, Dr. Oz did a show about that fetish recently, and spoke with someone who has it, who said that he finds pleasure in the excessive curvation of a fat woman's body, and takes pleasure in seeing women like that eat.

3. Underwater. I like aquatic tales as much as the next person... Nemo, Snorks, etc... but this is applying to characters fully clothed, sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool, or at the bed of a lake, etc, but this is equally as confusing as the next one...

2. Bubbles... characters floating away in large bubbles... I just don't get that one at all.

1. Vore. I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the first time I heard the term "vore", I kind of assumed maybe it was a British slang term for eating... until I looked it up, and since then, I've been sorry I had.

Other fetishes, like bondage, feet tickling, leather outfits, etc, those are a bit more... "believable", I guess you could say? I mean don't do anything with those fetishes either, but they seem a bit more "normal" than the above listded. :eek:

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Ahhh DA. I was on there for a long time but I eventually got banned for doing something...That a mod told me was perfectly fine when I reported someone else for doing it. And even then the other person who got me banned had been doing the same thing and nothing happened to her. Though I'm pretty sure it's because 1. I stopped paying for their crappy service. 2. They tend to ban people with certain political views even if it has nothing to do with the situation at hand. I had done the same thing many times before until shortly after I answer a question about my ideaologies. They also never answered any of my questions as to why I was banned and not the other person (who did it to me first) and why I was banned when they had said it was okay.

My banning was a bunch of malarkey and I'm bitter for that but I don't miss it much. I prefer tumblr. I can post whatever depraved, bizarre stuff I draw there and not be bothered.

As for the Surgical Mask fetish.... I guess I can kinda see that :embarrassed: but it might just be because I have a crush on the surgeon who took my brain cyst out. (Also he looked kinda like a ninja in all the stuff he was wearing) Now what I don't get is the Gas Mask stuff.

The Republicans may not care about the working class, but the key is that they pretend they do, lol. That's why they're successful. The Democrats show contempt and not much else.
They pretend they do but no one in their right mind believes them. Republicans are just as full as contempt and I rarely see anything but bigotry from them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In response to my earlier post about problems at dA, there's a new problem with IE I wish they would fix, in which the "shadows" don't match with the deviation thumbnails, so it almost looks like you've got this useless gray bar below the thumbnials.

But anyway, in my three years at deviantART, I sure have been introduced to a lot of really strange, unusual, and abstract fetishes (none of which I partake in), but there's at least a list of five fetishes that I just cannot comprehend...

5. Surgical masks. Well, I mean I've really only seen one person with this fetish, but I don't get it, I don't see what's so appealing about drawing cartoon characters in surgical masks...

4. Obesity: you see it quite often, various characters grown grotesquely and morbidly obese... actually, Dr. Oz did a show about that fetish recently, and spoke with someone who has it, who said that he finds pleasure in the excessive curvation of a fat woman's body, and takes pleasure in seeing women like that eat.

3. Underwater. I like aquatic tales as much as the next person... Nemo, Snorks, etc... but this is applying to characters fully clothed, sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool, or at the bed of a lake, etc, but this is equally as confusing as the next one...

2. Bubbles... characters floating away in large bubbles... I just don't get that one at all.

1. Vore. I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the first time I heard the term "vore", I kind of assumed maybe it was a British slang term for eating... until I looked it up, and since then, I've been sorry I had.

Other fetishes, like bondage, feet tickling, leather outfits, etc, those are a bit more... "believable", I guess you could say? I mean don't do anything with those fetishes either, but they seem a bit more "normal" than the above listded. :eek:
I'd get obesity over feet. I HATE feet. They're like... smelly and I have issues with my own, and even the "pretty ones" are disgusting to look at. And Feet to me are more comedic than anything. That giant foot that falls down and crushes everything at the opening of Monty Python? HEHEHE

Now the scary thing about the fat stuff (and believe me, I see this stuff a lot) is that some of it is REALLY good. There are some real artists on there that have that as their hook... and it gets them MILLIONS of views. Not that I;m into that at all... but some of it looks downright professional "Why are you wasting your time with fetish art stuff?" good. Of course, most of them do other things, but are just know for one thing... Kinda like me and Robotnik.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ahhh DA. I was on there for a long time but I eventually got banned for doing something...That a mod told me was perfectly fine when I reported someone else for doing it. And even then the other person who got me banned had been doing the same thing and nothing happened to her. Though I'm pretty sure it's because 1. I stopped paying for their crappy service. 2. They tend to ban people with certain political views even if it has nothing to do with the situation at hand. I had done the same thing many times before until shortly after I answer a question about my ideaologies. They also never answered any of my questions as to why I was banned and not the other person (who did it to me first) and why I was banned when they had said it was okay.

My banning was a bunch of malarkey and I'm bitter for that but I don't miss it much. I prefer tumblr. I can post whatever depraved, bizarre stuff I draw there and not be bothered.
Well, it kind of also depends on just who your audience and who watches and such... like, when I had first joined three years ago, I did a pic that was meant for comedy, involving, albeit censored, nudity, and it was flagged/reported and such, but since then, people know me, and they know what kind of art I do, and as such, they know that I don't do anything that's intentionally inappropriate or offensive, HOWEVER, at the same time, you're bond to draw in haters and such who look for ways to knock you for kicks, and believe you me, here recently, my arch nemesis at dA had a FIELD DAY over creating controversy over a quick sketch I did involving underwear. It brings to mind the classic quote: "Haters gonna hate".