Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm not bitter at all, and I'm almost the same age as you. It really isn't an age linked thing, and it certainly isn't a give in with age and being a part of fandoms on the internet :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, I must stress this conversation is about (and I'm putting this in bold) Deviant Art being yet another place to bitterly whine about politics. Basically like everything else on the internet now. There's a great video that I can't share here I saw somewhere about it... something about Youtube comments. Again, everything's become so bitter, heated and hateful that it's no fun to be caught in the middle, and harder and harder to ignore. That's why Bill Breathed stopped writing/drawing Opus.

As for maturity, Maturity has little to do with what you like and very much to do with how you act. I'm not calling you immature at all... you can sleep in a bed with My Little Pony sheets still on it and it's still more mature than someone acting up. People CAN get along and act their age when talking about childish things, but when people talk about supposedly grown up things, they're shockingly childish about it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People CAN get along and act their age when talking about childish things, but when people talk about supposedly grown up things, they're shockingly childish about it.
You know the other day I saw a comment on the Web where someone made a nasty comment about Republicans, and then stopped himself and said something like, "I'm sorry I said that, I mean, most of my family are Republicans and I love them all. I don't know where all the animosity comes from."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I keep this to a minimum, but the animosity comes from people who are PAID to tell everyone what to think. Paid opinions and (worse) paid conspiracy theories are ruining the mindset of the country, and souring everyone... not to mention it helps to lump people into the very same stereotypes they keep saying they're not part of, but do NOTHING to denounce.

It's the whole toxic bully relationship that's the problem... one person says something nasty, hateful, untrue and completely uncalled for, and the other side has to do the same thing, passive aggressively and tantamount to a "Yeah? Well... SAME TO YOU, BUDDY" (again, picture a flustered Jon Arbuckle saying that). And it just makes the first side madder, and it just is a vicious cycle.

The only people who even MAKE any dang sense are comedians, and no one puts stock in them because they have this whole attitude of "Shut up and let the grownups talk... boy that Obama is a poopy pants!" There's no rationality or FACTS anymore.

That said, I'd be lying if I didn't say that a certain side is a LOT more vocal than the other. More vocal and bile-spewing. If I see one more cheap tacky photoshop demotivate of Joker-bama (hey! Created by overpaid, a-moral, hypocritical squawking head Lush..err... Rush Limbaugh to scare his fanbase)... well... I'm just gonna p and m over the whole thing cause there's no talking sense into anyone who's angry (at the wrong people) enough to believe that.

No... I totally saw that episode of Batman where the Joker apologizes and defends himself for stuff the Scarecrow said he did that he didn't and NOTHING HAPPENED... :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's the whole toxic bully relationship that's the problem... one person says something nasty, hateful, untrue and completely uncalled for, and the other side has to do the same thing, passive aggressively and tantamount to a "Yeah? Well... SAME TO YOU, BUDDY" (again, picture a flustered Jon Arbuckle saying that). And it just makes the first side madder, and it just is a vicious cycle.
That's why I have some serious doubts about the current two party system. It's all about belonging to a side and defending that side. Rather than help improve the nation, it's just brought out the Middle Schooler in people.

That said, I'd be lying if I didn't say that a certain side is a LOT more vocal than the other.
Well the main thing is that Republicans have been more successful on radio, so yeah they do have more voices in that respect. But given the chance, Democrats are just as nasty and just as ignorant. They just don't bring in the ratings for whatever reason (though as a critic, I think it's because they tend to lack a sense of humor :wink: ).

Really I just don't have time for either group anymore, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well the main thing is that Republicans have been more successful on radio, so yeah they do have more voices in that respect. But given the chance, Democrats are just as nasty and just as ignorant. They just don't bring in the ratings for whatever reason (though as a critic, I think it's because they tend to lack a sense of humor :wink: ).
I never heard so much as bile from most "popular" Left speakers, but a LOT of passive aggressive patheticness. I'm sure there are some really loud ones, but even the loudest one can't make a buck with their rhetoric... Air America folded WHILE Bush was still in the White House. What does that say to you?

That said, I keep applauding people like Ben Stein who at LEAST argue the facts in the tone of an ADULT, without hatemongering, fearbasing, scary catchphrases and all that garbage.

That said, comparing politicians to cartoon villains offends me as a CARTOON fan. Seriously, if the Joker WAS president, he'd just shoot laughing gas at Congress until they pass something. On second thought, I'd RATHER have the Joker in there than any party. Maybe the Riddler too. I'd say Mojo Jojo, but that gives away the ending of the Powerpuff Girls 10th anniversary special.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As far as Democrats failure on the radio, in my opinion Democrats take themselves too seriously, spend too much time preaching and frankly insulting the very people they want (and need) to support them.

The Republicans may not care about the working class, but the key is that they pretend they do, lol. That's why they're successful. The Democrats show contempt and not much else.

That said, I keep applauding people like Ben Stein who at LEAST argue the facts in the tone of an ADULT, without hatemongering, fearbasing, scary catchphrases and all that garbage.
Ben Stein is awesome, he signed my notebook when he came to my school, lol. He wrote, "Be focused!" :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As far as Democrats failure on the radio, in my opinion Democrats take themselves too seriously, spend too much time preaching and frankly insulting the very people they want (and need) to support them.

The Republicans may not care about the working class, but the key is that they pretend they do, lol. That's why they're successful. The Democrats show contempt and not much else.
I couldn't have said it better myself. It's all the fact that one side chides the other side while that other side just reassures their base and tells them that things that are bad for them are GOOD for them. I dunno about you, but I'd hate to see a doctor that told me to eat everything I want and not to exercise and things will be fine, NOR do I want to see a doctor that says I'm a disgusting piece of crap and I should die for not taking care of myself. Middle ground. And no one wants the middle ground because they don't think it can change things, or it will be profitable.

Anyone, even someone I completely disagree with, as long as they say it calm and with some respect for the other side I'll listen to. But people love to see Glen Beck carry on like a crazy homeless bum with crackpot conspiracy theories that put tabloid stories about Alien Elvis laying eggs in people's brains to shame. Nor will I listen to someone who just says nasty stuff ONLY because they feel so offended they have to passive aggressively defend themselves by taking others down.

That said, yes... I get the bitterness and anger at the wrong people (it's the billion dollar megaconglomerates, people), but that has a time and place... and turning Baby Plucky Duck's Potty Years episode into a tirade about Acorn does NOTHING but kill the fun of Baby Plucky Duck! Comparing Obama to the Legion of Doom only KILLS the fun of the Legion of Doom.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but I'd hate to see a doctor that told me to eat everything I want and not to exercise and things will be fine, NOR do I want to see a doctor that says I'm a disgusting piece of crap and I should die for not taking care of myself. Middle ground. And no one wants the middle ground because they don't think it can change things, or it will be profitable.
Perfectly explained! :smile:

That said, comparing politicians to cartoon villains offends me as a CARTOON fan. Seriously, if the Joker WAS president, he'd just shoot laughing gas at Congress until they pass something. On second thought, I'd RATHER have the Joker in there than any party. Maybe the Riddler too. I'd say Mojo Jojo, but that gives away the ending of the Powerpuff Girls 10th anniversary special.
Good point, why drag innocent cartoons into this mess?

Yeah I'd say the Riddler as well, but especially if it's Frank Gorshin, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good point, why drag innocent cartoons into this mess?
Cartoons can take a political standpoint if they want to, sure... South Park and The Simpsons (to name only 2) do it all the time... but when people use those cartoons to make a statement, and a nasty, snarky, bitter one at that, it gets ME down as a cartoonist/cartoon fan.

Now, I'm dropping the subject ALL together and brining up something happy.

I just LOVE it when foreign users like my stuff... though, I almost seem to cater to them... but they like the stuff I mostly do that's American or at least well known here. Like I always say, I kill myself doing Paperinik and Lucky Luke and Yatterman stuff, but people in other countries REALLY like the stuff I do from here. Go fig.