First look (video) of the new movie!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I've had such a long day, and MAN does this make me happy! Now bring on the first teaser trailer!

j3h

Reaction score

Pork

Reaction score
I keep thinking who you have labeled as gonzo is Uncle Deadly
that's what I keep thinkin' and I sorta thought that maybe the other chicken to the left could be Camilla so maybe Gonzo is next to her? :stick_out_tongue: I am just gonna have a random guess hahaha.

And this is all very exciting! Squeeee :excited:

beaker

Reaction score
Are they filming scenes in this movie out of order? Or did they really finish up the bulk of production(with the exception of the obligatory pickups here and there)

Taking the fuzzy crowd scene, doing quite the opposite, I shrank it down and was able to make out a couple other characters... crazy and counter-intuitive, huh?

I also found Crazy Harry, Link, Strangepork, and I think Marvin Suggs...

I also WANT to say I saw Sal Manilla, Wanda, and some of the Frackles (Mo or Boppity), but the picture is far too blurry to tell. It's hard to tell which are humans and which are Muppets, but seems like they're getting the most of their characters. Heck, when was Thog even in a Muppet Movie last? All I remember is the Rainbow Connection ending reprise and maybe the Wedding sequence in MTM (I just rebought it on DVD since I can't find where the heck my VHS went off to).

Song seems pretty good too... Beaker's clearly Meemmeeemeeing in it. I wanna say Link has a line.
Holy tamole Thog is massive. He looks like he's about 16 feet. Was he this big in the Valentine's special and TMS?

Let's see, the pic is a bit blurry, but I can make out:

Thog, Behemoth, Sweetums, Sam The Eagle, several chickens, several penguins, George the Janitor, Link Hogthrob, Lew Zealand, Beauregard, Mahna Mahna and the two snowths, Floyd,
Crazy Harry, Bunsen and Beaker. Wish there were more/better pics. But this is already crazy awesome.

Edit: Thanks to Gonzolover's photo enhancement, I now can see Janice, Dr Teeth, Swedish Chef, some Frackles, and my...is that...Quongo the monkey or am I just making nothing out of blothces? I can imagine there is a LOT of characters rebuilt in that and other scenes that we havent seen since TMS(ie: over 30 years ago)

It makes me giddy thinking about the sheer amount of fan serivce, easter eggs, and rare muppet cameos.

I hope the camera shows that Jim Henson banner(not show if thats suppose to be for the film) It'd be funny if like in the new Ninja Turtles movie they find out about their creators Eastman/Laird, that they acknowledge Jim Henson.

Kind of funny, ten years after I saw the Muppets perform a special live Muppet show in a theater on Hollywood Blvd, they're once again doing it again...only this time, the finale of a movie

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Are they filming scenes in this movie out of order? Or did they really finish up the bulk of production(with the exception of the obligatory pickups here and there)

I'm assuming they're filming out of order. Probably easier to schedule locations and facilities for when they need them that way.

Slackbot

Reaction score
It makes me very happy to see that Disney is investing the time and money to rebuild minor characters like Thog. So far, all the hints and things I've seen have given me a lot of hope.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm assuming they're filming out of order. Probably easier to schedule locations and facilities for when they need them that way.
What film was ever filmed in order? Usually they film things out of order due to actor and location availability among other things. I remember Billy Crystal (I think it was him... could have been Daniel Stern) mocking that they filmed the opening scene where they were running from bulls or something in City Slickers LAST in case one of them died filming it.

Anyway, some characters are easy to make out, some aren't. Which ever one of you said it was like looking at a painting was right... looked something like Chuck Close did... but fuzzy or not, we're TOTALLY thankful we've seen it now.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The huge dancing crowd scene seems reminiscant of "Hey A Movie" from GMC - so that is awesome to me! I'm giddy, I just can't wait until November!

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
This could be the most brilliant Muppet movie ever made. From what I've seen and heard, I think that Jim Henson is looking down with a mighty big grin on his face!