1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

First look (video) of the new movie!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Jan 18, 2011.

1. dmoss

dmoss Member

I agree, Frogster; I'm not loving what I hear of the song, and you hit the nail on the head...it definitely sounded Muppet Baby-esque. BUT! It's only one song.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

You know, I was wondering if any of the other full-body characters will make an appearance. The scene in that image/video looks like the kind of scene I'd expect to see more full-body monsters and Fletcherbird in.

I wonder if Matt Vogel will be performing Thog, even if Thog gets no dialogue (of course Martin Robinson would also make a good Thog, since Thog and Snuffy have similar voices, but Robinson doens't perform in Muppet productions outside of Sesame Street very often). And I wonder who will be performing Sweetums in this (assuming he speaks). John Henson performed him for most of the time since Richard Hunt's death, but hasn't since 2005, Brian Henson hasn't performed in any Muppet productions since then, and The Jim Henson Company hasn't been involved with the Muppets since 2007 or 2008 (though the Henson studio is being used in this movie).

In Letters to Santa Sweetums was performed by Noel MacNeil and in the "Give a Day, Get a Day" promotions he was performed by Matt Vogel. I feel it would be fitting for David Rudman to perform Sweetums, since he's taken over so many of Richard Hunt's characters (then again, I would have expected Rudman to have performed Sweetums in those productions, made after he took over as Scooter and Janice).

I wonder if The Jim Henson Company gave Disney measurements for all characters Disney gained. If not then I guess they'd need to do some guesswork on any full-body character who hasn't been used in year.

And if only Disney would give Sesame Workshop the $20,000 needed to rebuild Bruno...
  3. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Still, if they are claiming to encompass/reference a lot of their history, MB is a part of that. Personally, I like a lot of MB songs.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I dunno about you, but less than 10 seconds of a fuzzy sounding song gives me snap judgments. I was truly expecting songs from a Muppet Movie to sound EXACTLY like a depressing Sondheim score. :rolleyes:

And Muppet Babies songs do not sound like that. Trust me.
  5. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

I looked back at the opening of TMS for reference, and Sweetums was about as tall as Thog's nose. Now he seems to be about as tall as Thog's chin, though it's tough to tell what with odd angles, zooming and whatnot (though some whatnots might help in comparison). So it would seem he is taller, but not as much taller as I first assumed. I think the pictures just lack adequate perspective.
  6. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

So, I realize there's a chance someone already posted this video, but I just have to make sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuViAONbd6o

It's Chris Cooper being all evil, and you get to see Gonzo for a second. And Jason Segel too! :)
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

8. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

What I like about this one, is I think I can see Lips.
  9. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I assume YOU mean Angus McGonagle. ;)

Oh wait, I was stuck in a time warp. We already did this bit.

Alex
  10. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

11. Lil0Vampy

Lil0Vampy Member

12. Pork

Pork Active Member

Hmm, I'm not sure, I still think it's Lew Zealand. But I'm happy to be wrong :p
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yeah...I did think it was a bit "How do you show that you love him?" from Enchanted, styled. But! I've actually been singing this song already while out and about...Just humming it and stuff, so its obviously catchy!
  14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

We are only seeing a small part of the movie here i think. We have no idea what or who will be in the movie.
  15. In enhanced picture, in the front row - just to (our) left of Link and Strangepork (next to what MIGHT be Janice) - what we previously thought might be Animal may be the Frank Oz Country Trio puppet. And it looks like it may be Nigel to the right of Strangepork.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

No matter what, we should be thankful we're getting original music for this one. I'm so excited. I hope we don't get the entire film leaked to us piece by piece though... cause no matter how hard we try to resist these clips, we inevitably can not.
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

18. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

19. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

20. Lil0Vampy

Lil0Vampy Member