The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... I got the thing to work. it's all about hitting the pause button at the RIGHT time. Split second timing.

All and all, after seeing a few of them, I have to say, Angelo IS what I expected him to be. If you've ever seen 2 people cooking shows, they engage in conversations on various levels of forced. From natural conversation about the dish to forced jokes that they both pretend to laugh at, hiding a "Gaaaawwwd I hate YOU!" grimace.

Movie Night REALLY shows what duo cooking shows are about. Angelo's BAD Cat and Dog joke (not eliciting any laughs from Cat... Tyler even takes it to the next level), and the whole "Wow, I never knew you could do that" fascination of the Greek Salad hot dogs. Really... watch ANY cooking show with more than one cook. This is clever and subtle satire without coming across as snarky on the part of Tyler. You know... after this is all over, I kinda hope they keep him around for a bit. Sort of like one of the OTHER people that work cooking food for the Muppets... like Gladys.

That said, I am GLAD that these aren't just a bunch of dumbed down kiddy recipes like frosting store bought cookies to look like something, or cutting veggies in such a way that they look "fun" but still taste like raw veggies. No. Real recipes for real food that the adult in the house has to cook. That makes this just so much more fun.

And LOVE Frankenfurterstien to death.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I finally figured out what Angelo's performance reminded me of...this. My personal distaste for clowns might also have something to do with disliking his coloring and character design. Maybe he'll grow on me. :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah yes. The standard Italian-a accent-a stereotype of a chef. They're always either French or Italian somehow. I wanna see a Scotsman chef. No one's ever seen that.

But he'd probably only cook Haggis.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I watched these episodes and I have to admit they are fun, There funny and actually teach people to cook with recipes that actually seem worth trying out, I also thought that they might be kiddie recipes but no they are actual recipes, I like how they spoof different cooking shows and bring in bad puns, It was such a nice delight to see Rowlf the dog actually making an onscreen appearance, I liked how he said "Not a big Role, But means a lot" and that is so true, Rowlf does not have a big role in this but it means a lot to the Muppet fans for him being there, Over all I am happy to see new Muppet content and I hope this Continues with even more delicious recipes and muppet fun! :hungry: :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I watched these episodes and I have to admit they are fun, There funny and actually teach people to cook with recipes that actually seem worth trying out, I also thought that they might be kiddie recipes but no they are actual recipes, I like how they spoof different cooking shows and bring in bad puns, It was such a nice delight to see Rowlf the dog actually making an onscreen appearance, I liked how he said "Not a big Role, But means a lot" and that is so true, Rowlf does not have a big role in this but it means a lot to the Muppet fans for him being there, Over all I am happy to see new Muppet content and I hope this Continues with even more delicious recipes and muppet fun! :hungry: :smile:
He said "But times are 'ruff'.", not "but means a lot."

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Having seen the first batch of episodes, they did whet my appetite. I can honestly say I'll be hungry for more. (Sorry for the cheesy puns)

beaker

Reaction score
The clips are pretty good! I loved FrankenBeaker! :eek:
I'm not feeling Angelo. There's little the Swedish Chef couldn't have done better, but franky if they couldn't use him I'd rather have seen cooking with Lew or Sam or Crazy Harry.

On the note I always add - Disney's video embed is still tweaky on most systems I use. I wish they'd revert to another method like Hulu or YouTube uses. I could go into it, but they keep making this poor formatting choice. Flash can be a great tool if done right. :mad:

Still, it's good to see new content and so many characters returning! I'm happy about this. :flirt:
Yeah Angelo literally seems like a Sesame Anything/Whatnot, especially compared to Swedish Chef who makes a cameo.

Overall it's something, and while I don't like the look of this Gonzo build; overall I like how they interject classic era sort of sketches(Kermit Reporter, Bear on Patrol, etc)

Angelo, while not quite Bill Bubbles or Poodlepants annoying, is not going to be one of my favorites...BUT, he does play an innocent/naive person like Fozzie...and I have a soft spot for those types.