The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010

theprawncracker

Reaction score
VOTING ENDS ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2010

AWARDS CEREMONY TO BE (TENTATIVELY) HELD ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2010, 1:00 P.M. U.S. CENTRAL TIME

Welcome one, welcome all, welcome mebers new, welcome members old to...​

The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010

This is the time of the year where we at Muppet Central Forum gather together to honor outstanding forum members from 2009! We have categories for everyone and everyone is welcome to vote! But how, you may be asking yourself, do you, the unknowing masses, go about voting for said outstanding members? Well, the answer is simple and shall be presented to you in the form of bulletted rules (definitely not stolen from the last two year's awards threads) (posted by moi).

Rules and Guidelines for Voting in the
Muppet Central Forum Awards:

First and foremost, copy and paste the list of award categories into an e-mail and enter your votes for the categories.

You do NOT have to vote in all of the categories!

Absolutely NO voting for yourself.

Campaigning for yourself IS allowed, as long as it DOES NOT get out of hand. If it gets out of hand one of our moderators will quickly delete all of your campaign threads and you will not be allowed to attend the ceremony. It's harsh, but these rules are here for a reason. (Acceptable means of campaigning include: campaigning via signatures, campaigning via avatar, and campaigning in THIS thread.)

You MAY vote for a forum member in more than one category. (e.g. I vote for Beauregard for Funniest Member of 2009 and Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2009.)

Once you've filled out your ballot... Send an e-mail to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com. Any ballots posted in this thread (or anywhere else) will NOT be counted. (Your email will not be known by anyone but me and will NOT be used for any purposes other than to count your votes.)

ALL BALLOTS MUST BE E-MAILED BY FEBRUARY 8TH, 2009. Absolutely no exceptions! (Unless of course you have a really good reason. :stick_out_tongue:) We need this time to count the votes and create the awards before the ceremony.

Attendance at the Awards Ceremony on February 28th is NOT required, but IS requested.
It's fun, it's free, and, hey, you might win something!

And the biggest rule that absolutely MUST be followed... HAVE FUN! ! !

To make things easier, I will be posting the official ballot in a post immediately following this one. The categories for this year's ceremony were picked apart and debated over by a committee of MC members hand-picked by me. I assume they wish to remain anonymous, but know that they've done a fantastic job and I couldn't have asked for a better team!

I'm also extremely honored to announce that once again we will be partnering with The MuppetCast hosted by Steve Swanson to broadcast our Awards Ceremony. Steve has been gracious enough to dedicate one of his shows to us and I couldn't be happier! The official date of the audio-ceremony will be revealed... once we actually know it!

Anyway... that's really all I have to say in this post. Please, please, please don't hesitate to vote! EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to come vote! We want this to be a huge turnout year!

And remember, these awards are meant to unite MC. If you don't win that award you really wanted, don't feel bad. Just remember that a good friend and a fellow Muppet fan did win it. Everyone here deserves awards just for being themselves! (But we don't have that long to make awards and... quite frankly, we're lazy!)

So, without further ado, welcome, ladies, gentlemen, penguins, chickens, rats, and weirdos, to The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010!

HAVE FUN! ! !

Sincerely and Insanely Yours,
Ryan/Prawnie/theprawncracker

theprawncracker

Reaction score
THE OFFICIAL SIXTH SOMEWHAT-ANNUAL MUPPET CENTRAL FORUM AWARDS 2010 VOTERS BALLOT

Forum Friends and Family

Funniest Forum Member of 2009
Most Prominent Forum Member of 2009
Most Underrated Forum Member of 2009
Most Creative Current Signature
Outstanding Thread Started in 2009
Outstanding Post of 2009
Craziest Member of 2009
Most Thoughtful Member of 2009
Outstanding Reporter of Muppet News in 2009
Biggest Muffin Purveyor of 2009
Most Informative Member of 2009
Outstanding New Member of 2009

Muppet Appreciation
Biggest Supporter of The Muppets in 2009
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street in 2009
Biggest Supporter of Fraggle Rock in 2009
Biggest Supporter of Jim Henson’s Fantasy Worlds in 2009
Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2009
Biggest Supporter of Muppet Merchandise in 2009
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street Merchandise in 2009
Biggest Supporter of the Muppeteers in 2009
Most Enthusiastic Forum Member of 2009
Outstanding Fan Artist of 2009
Outstanding Fan-Fiction Written in 2009
Most Dedicated Muppet Fan of 2009

The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award
Previous Winners -
Phillip Chapman
The Count
Beauregard

When voting for the Lifetime Achievement Award, PLEASE vote for a member who has not won it yet! Thank you!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh! This is fantastic! I'm excited for campaigning to begin in earnest, and in honour of that, I'm gunna go ahead and start campaigning:

I certainly want to vote for DrmaticEmphasis in a category...I'm just not sure which! They really opened my eyes to understand a lot about Sesame Street, being very knowledgeable and expressing themselves clearly -- making them eligible for Sesame Supporter or Most Informative. Also, having made such an impact so quickly having joined MC so late in 2009 would certainly put them up for Outstanding New Member. I just cannot decide where to go with that vote. So I'll throw her in as a campaign nomination right away and hope people can figure out where she should be voted!

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Aww thank you! Im glad you think so... its so hard to express opinions on the internet clearly, without them coming off as aggressive towards the person you are addressing... so i hope I accomplished that...

Im excited for this! What a good idea!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This should be a whole lot of fun this year do we know who is going to be the host of the awards show this year?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well let me check my with my work, and if I'm off that day we might switch it up and take turns if ya want some help.

I would also like to do a little self campaining. I would love for everyone to vote for the Ask Jim Lewis thread. It has really grown over the past two years that it has been up and Jim has really answered alot of great, and silly questions. So please vote for the Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread. Also if ya have not been by the thread come on down, we have some great Q&A that is really a quite enjoyable read if i do say so myself. here is a link in case ya can't find it.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=36267

Here is the first ask Jim theard in case you would like to ask a question, and want to know if it has already been asked.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=31381

Wow it took me a long time to find that thread! i was reading over it and wow we sure have had some fun with these questions. My only hope is that we contiue to keep haveing so much fun with asking these questions and reading what a long time Muppet writer has to say.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oooh! This is fantastic! I'm excited for campaigning to begin in earnest, and in honour of that, I'm gunna go ahead and start campaigning:

I certainly want to vote for DrmaticEmphasis in a category...I'm just not sure which! They really opened my eyes to understand a lot about Sesame Street, being very knowledgeable and expressing themselves clearly -- making them eligible for Sesame Supporter or Most Informative. Also, having made such an impact so quickly having joined MC so late in 2009 would certainly put them up for Outstanding New Member. I just cannot decide where to go with that vote. So I'll throw her in as a campaign nomination right away and hope people can figure out where she should be voted!
Ah, but wait Beau, you're part of the committee, so that automatically disqualifies you from voting.

Doesn't it? :confused:

APRena

Reaction score
This is interesting... of course I'm not going to campaign here for anything lol, but it's going to be fun lurking around other campaigners! :wink: