The Muppet Man BioPic

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Is the guy who wrote it calling it a biopic? Or is that just the press? I think thats an important question... I think what this is is one fans attempt to understand and piece together parts of Jims life and make sense of it, paying tribute and understanding that yes, he was only human after all. I think thats what he meant it to be, what the mass media says is an entirely different story, I havent seen the writer call this a biopic. I think we should be making an effort to understand this for what it truely is, and if we can do that, I think we can warm to the idea as a community...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Biopic or tribute, it's still an inaccurate script. I mean, the idea is nice, but I only read the first five pages and could see a lot of mistakes.

It's true Jim was human, and there's much about his life that one could find fault with. But to paint him as a wholly sad, depressing individual is wrong when that's obviously not who he was. He tried to be a "ridiculous" optomist. He loved the silly, and could find the silly in the most sacred. That's the part of Jim I love and what I would hope to see on screen... and, let's face it, if it's a biopic, then we're going to see the bad as well. I just hope that the bad will not be the main drive of the picture.

Kiki

Reaction score
It seems that many people here have already read the script, so I take it's been leaked all over the net. Would anyone be able to post the link? Thanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm starting to hope that this is a red herring script that they released to throw everyone off the trail of the real one. After all, the Muppet and Fraggle scripts were leaked, and they were very early versions.

dmoss

Reaction score
Well, I sure don't know what to think through all of this...the thought of a BioPic about Jim is GREAT! What's more impressive, is that Disney has decided to jump on-board such a project...but, like many have said, it just didn't seem quite right. It's more than dis-heartening to see Kermit in my mind's eye with a three-day beard in a lonely hotel room. I get the connection, but I'm not enjoying it much. I hope the movie doesn't get created and turn out to be a disgrace to Muppetdom. :frown:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It's more than dis-heartening to see Kermit in my mind's eye with a three-day beard in a lonely hotel room.
Wouldn't he fit in at the Happiness Hotel? :smile: