The Muppet Man BioPic

Kiki

Reaction score
While looking up gigs my friend and I came across this in the Heralde Sun in the "extra" (a weekly part of the paper about film and music) section...

A young Australian filmmaker has become the tal of Hollywood after topping The Black List, an influencial ranking of the hottest unproduced screenplays in the movie business.
Christopher Weekes, 29, penned 'Muppet Man', a script about the life of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, in only 19 days last year. 'Muppet Man' took out the no.1 slot ahead of 'The Social Network', a Facebook docudrama written by Aaron Sorkin (TV's 'The West Wing'). Debate is raging as to whether 'The Muppet Man' will ever be made.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong catagory- if it is I don't mind if it's moved. What do you guys make of this?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think I'd like to see a documentary about Jim Henson's life before seeing a "biopic" type movie. I'm not always a huge fan of those. (And I still don't know how to pronounce that word- is it bi-opic or bio-pic?):confused:

Kiki

Reaction score
I think I'd like to see a documentary about Jim Henson's life before seeing a "biopic" type movie. I'm not always a huge fan of those. (And I still don't know how to pronounce that word- is it bi-opic or bio-pic?):confused:
I couldn't agree with you more, I'm the same. I'm keen to see an actual doco of his life before viewing a biopic (yeah, I think you're right there :wink:) type of film. Although I must admit, it might have something to do with the fact that I've had iffy experiences when it comes to those, I always have to nitpick something about them, that's just the way I am! (Fer r'instance, the guy who plays John Lennon in Nowhere Boy looks nothing like him when he was young IMO, and same goes for the other Beatles. I know, the'yre young, but I've seen a pic of Lennon when he was *five* and you can still say, "yep, that's John all right!")

rexcrk

Reaction score
What exactly is a biopic? Is it one of those things where someone would play Jim Henson and it would be like an actual movie?

'cause, yeah, I don't really care for those. Something about someone playing a real person... I just always thought that was kind of iffy.

I'd much rather see an actual documentary.

Kiki

Reaction score
What exactly is a biopic? Is it one of those things where someone would play Jim Henson and it would be like an actual movie?

'cause, yeah, I don't really care for those. Something about someone playing a real person... I just always thought that was kind of iffy.

I'd much rather see an actual documentary.
Agreed. I reckon biopics are extremely hard to pull off... and then you have those films where they recreate a certain moment, and some of them are great, while others are quite inaccurate (creative licsense, I suppose), ORRR on more embarrassing occasions, you'll barely see the "main characters". I remember watching the fictional I Wanna Hold Your Hand, about a couple of girls visiting the hotel which The Beatles were staying at, hoping to bump into them. The Beatles are in it, only their faces are never shown! It was rather embarrassing to watch, honestly...

Reaction score
I have no doubt that I'd watch the movie... but I don't know how well it would turn out.

I read something about Jim Carrey showing interest? I thought that would be interesting, if only for the fact that Jim Carrey is one of my idols.... so it would be one of my idols playing another. :insatiable:

As for biopics... I never thought they would be my thing, but the two I can remember watching, Man on the Moon and Ed Wood, I really enjoyed. Milk was good as well.

Kiki

Reaction score
I have no doubt that I'd watch the movie... but I don't know how well it would turn out.

I read something about Jim Carrey showing interest? I thought that would be interesting, if only for the fact that Jim Carrey is one of my idols.... so it would be one of my idols playing another. :insatiable:

As for biopics... I never thought they would be my thing, but the two I can remember watching, Man on the Moon and Ed Wood, I really enjoyed. Milk was good as well.
Ah yes, Milk was very good, actually. Also, another biopic film that I just remembered, Factory Girl, about Edie Sedgwick's encounter with Andy Warhol. I heard it recieved some criticism, for apparently being historically incorrect, which I suppose you have to watch out for. But overall it was a really good film, to me it seemed that they really did a good job on portraying the underground NY scene of the 60s.

Jim Carey? Man that would be cool, that guys' great. If anything comes of the screenplay I'd definately see it, it's really fastinating that Carey showed intrest. I reckon he could play a kooky muppeteer (*Richard Hunt keeps coming to mind*). :batty:

Beauregard

Reaction score
At least if they release this one day, we can ask our friends, "Have you seen the Muppet Man?"

"The Muppet man?"

"The Muppet Man!"

"Yes!" they'll reply, "I've seen the Muppet Man. He lives on drury lane?"

Kiki

Reaction score
Roffle. xD You're so wise, Beau. =3

Nick22

Reaction score
that would be cool to see as a documentary. hopefully we'll see it someday.