Season 40 Hidden Gems

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. It's true that they did it in the past, but the reason it's better this season is because it's in every ep. It would be a good sign if they continued going down that path.

unclematt

Reaction score
If anybody has video of Sherlock Hemlock and Jerry making a cameo I would love to see it.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Maybe they could get really crazy and even take at least just one episode out of a given season and dedicate it to a particular Sesame Street Muppet of the past for the Street storyline. (And perhaps also use old sketches and songs with that character in it for filler.) I mean, wouldn't it be cool just for one episode out of the season to see older, somewhat obscure characters like Rodeo Rosie or Professor Hastings or Herbert Birdsfoot make a sudden appearance and actually have the storyline revolve around them? I know I'd love to see such an episode for Kermit, which shouldn't be nearly as jarring as I suppose some other characters might be. But I think it'd be a fun idea nonetheless.
Of course, I still want to see that full-on crossover with The Muppet Show (i.e. having Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter and the whole gang making a visit to Sesame Street.):smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
I know Kermit was the first episode of this season in the Elmo's World segment but does anyody know if there are any future plans to bring Kermit back to the street.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
I know Kermit was the first episode of this season in the Elmo's World segment but does anyody know if there are any future plans to bring Kermit back to the street.
I'd say there's no likely chance, due to ownership rights, I'm guessing.

unclematt

Reaction score
I'd say there's no likely chance, due to ownership rights, I'm guessing.
I thought thesame thing but if they were able to use him for this episode. Why wouldn't they b able to come to a deal for more usage.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea why they didn't hammer out a better usage deal with Kermit when the sale happened, but whatever the reason, Disney made a special exception for that one time, letting them use Kermit for a whopping 10 seconds. I'd love for this to open a window for them to negotiate affordable rights (instead of using the money for a guest star do some self serving tedious parody of their own songs... guest AND song rights) for a once a year, once every few years type deal for him to be in one skit or one street story. But that's not likely to happen.

unclematt

Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea why they didn't hammer out a better usage deal with Kermit when the sale happened, but whatever the reason, Disney made a special exception for that one time, letting them use Kermit for a whopping 10 seconds. I'd love for this to open a window for them to negotiate affordable rights (instead of using the money for a guest star do some self serving tedious parody of their own songs... guest AND song rights) for a once a year, once every few years type deal for him to be in one skit or one street story. But that's not likely to happen.
Be optimistic.

Mupp

Reaction score
Be optimistic.
Yeah, I agree.

Yes, it is a real shame that Kermit, being with Disney, has restrictions like this, but its not as bad as it seems. Kermit still appears in recycled Sesame Street material that was made before Disney acquired the Muppets in 2004.

I've seen this for myself, like a few seasons ago I saw him in an old skit with Zoe and a few other characters with a musical guest. (Sorry, I can't remember who the guest was.)

unclematt

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree.

Yes, it is a real shame that Kermit, being with Disney, has restrictions like this, but its not as bad as it seems. Kermit still appears in recycled Sesame Street material that was made before Disney acquired the Muppets in 2004.

I've seen this for myself, like a few seasons ago I saw him in an old skit with Zoe and a few other characters with a musical guest. (Sorry, I can't remember who the guest was.)
That was pahe original agreement. Disney gave the Sesame Workshop the rights to use Kermit in any already produced video segments. But the further we ge away from the date the less skits we are going to see him in.