D'Snowth's Scale Model of Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, and now finally, here's a shot of the model dressed for winter...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/snowthbo/modelsnow.jpg

This ISN'T a panoramic pic, but I did try to make it look that way... actually, I just took a picture of the model, at two different angles, then blended them into one in Fireworks.

I also want to point out that, even though there's no good angle I can take a picture of it, but last month, I added another old-school touch, and the side wall of Hooper's has a mural on it; nothing like the murals that existed on the set through the years, this one show people what they can get inside: fruits, veggies, etc.

And there you have it. Keep your eyes peeled for a write-up about my model on The Muppet Mindset.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's pretty good Snowth. The white stuff you used to represent snow is very effective.

I'm not really a visitor to The Muppet Mindset, but when I hear your article is up I shall read it. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanks Marty; I forget what it is exactly, but yes, it does a better job representing snow on a small scale as opposed to what I started using in the beginning, which was that plasticine stuff that's usually used on movie sets and such... fine for said sets, but didn't look good on a scaled-down set, almost like if Oscar had been shredded plastic bags and just dumping the shreds all over the street, lol.

Sometimes finding elements that aren't out-of-scale can be a challenge.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad at least you've enjoyed this Marty, lol.

Xerus

Reaction score
Okay, and now finally, here's a shot of the model dressed for winter...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k290/snowthbo/modelsnow.jpg

This ISN'T a panoramic pic, but I did try to make it look that way... actually, I just took a picture of the model, at two different angles, then blended them into one in Fireworks.

I also want to point out that, even though there's no good angle I can take a picture of it, but last month, I added another old-school touch, and the side wall of Hooper's has a mural on it; nothing like the murals that existed on the set through the years, this one show people what they can get inside: fruits, veggies, etc.

And there you have it. Keep your eyes peeled for a write-up about my model on The Muppet Mindset.
Very nice Snowthy. Reminds me of those classic SS episodes where they had a week or two of snow. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Very nice Snowthy. Reminds me of those classic SS episodes where they had a week or two of snow. :smile:
Whoa, really? That brings a whole new understanding to Oscar saying "It used to snow, but it got too expensive" in an interview... of course then again, the set was smaller and simpler back then, thus requiring less snow to cover. Remember Elmo's World: Happy Holidays? There was barely any snow on the ground... and how Baby Bear and Rosita were able to build snow forts out of barely any snow is beyond me, lol.

So I guess perhaps if there was a week or two of snow on the show back then, that must be where a lot of old still shots have come from, like in the book Learn at Home the Sesame Street Way, which features a pic of Susan and some kids building a snowman by Oscar's can (against his approval apparently), another pic of Bert in front of the stoop wearing a tobbagan and a scarf, and lastly Big Bird sitting by his snow-covered nest on the phone, with his feet wrapped up in like tarp or trashbags or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As of now, the Information Center that was at the end of the alley next to Big Bird's nest has been renamed the Travel Agency, and has moved to the location next to Hooper's; the Fix-It Shop has gone out of business.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I'm happy that you guys have been enjoying this.

As for the matter of size and whatnot, really, it all depends on how large or small you wish to make the scale - SST is the largest scale model I've built, but it's only a little over two and a half feet at it's widest (all the way across), and about the same at it's longest (from the subway to the garden).
I have forgotten to mention that after all the renovating I've done to the model in the past few months or so, it has new dimensions.

The entire model's width is 2'3'', and the model's length (from back to front) is almost 21 inches. 123 (from the very bottom to the top of the building) is exactly a foot tall; the tenement building with Hooper's Store and the new Travel Agency is 8 3/4 inches; the carriage house is 6 3/4 inches; and the side walls and whatnot are almost 8 inches.

And some have mentioned older pics no longer working... I apologize for that, but all of the recent pics I've posted since last June are still available for viewing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I realize I haven't shared any shots of the roof of 123, so here's a couple of angles of the roof; I apologize for how the pics turned out, I think this camera's picky about lighting and such... :smirk:

As you can see, the roof is laid out like it was pre-2004.