Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Tickling.

I hated the way they potrayed the word of the day.

Of course here's how I would of liked to ahve seen it done.

If any of the older people here remember The Electirc Company skit were Samantha ( can't recall the actresses name) was reading a book and the word tickle come along and tickles her.

SS could of done a similar 1 were Gabby is on the set and the word tickle floats by and you know what happens.

And here's Gabby lying helplessly on the ground unable to escape the word tickle.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
SS could of done a similar 1 were Gabby is on the set and the word tickle floats by and you know what happens.

And here's Gabby lying helplessly on the ground unable to escape the word tickle.
This is just starting to sound plain creepy!

ISNorden

Reaction score
On one hand, I liked the general idea of the "Word on the Street" (including Murray's talking to real people). On the other, most of the celebrity spots for those words could have illustrated the meaning in a more vivid, memorable context than the ones Sesame Workshop chose.

DTF

Reaction score
For example, it seems like in this ep and in the tricycle ep Big Bird and Elmo seem to be best friends. I haven't caught a Big Bird/Snuffy moment this season. In reality Big Bird probably wouldn't like Elmo very much since he's been hogging the spotlight from BB as the main character on the show for the past decade. :mad:
Now, I'm not so sure, but from one angle, yes, you're right; the question is, how do we see SS:

1. Is it like The Muppet Show, where someone is putting together a show in which they are all performing? Then, yes, I think there would be some mixed feelings, at least.

2. Is it a real street where the characters live and are doing other things, but very little happens between episodes? In that case, he might or might not care, as he doesn't mind if he's in "the spotlight" - for all we know, BB could be doing something different behind the scenes that he loves doing. (Hosting the birdketeers, visiting Granny Bird, whatever.)

3. Is it closer to a sitcom - not quite like a sitcom, where we only see 30 minutes of the characters' lives out of 168 hours a week. But, maybe like the old days, where we only saw 5 of 168 hours a week as far as what they do, where they go, etc.? A sitcom in a strange world where people and muppets interact and the people ge but Muppets don't. In this case, it wouldn't matter one bit to him, most likely; for all we know he's got his own show at a time we don't see :smile:

Don't know what I think it is; it's either #1 or #2; I can't see it being #3, I don't think, though it's possible, in a very different universe from ours.

I came on to see if there was anything about the writers' strike affected SS, out of curiosity - but now I might run a poll on a different part of the SS boards, out of curiosity. I will say this, though - the poster's other two pariings for "song of 2" were more logical.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This was a somewhat enjoyable episode. Brought back the memory of when my dad taught me how to play mini-golf for the first time.

Episode 4150:Gordon teaches Telly how to play golf.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "windy".
Street Story.
Animation.
Muppets: Song: "Air" by Bip Bippadotta.
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Windy".
Film: The Kite Festival.
Letter of the Day: B, with Cookie Monster and Cookie Monster's Mom.
Animation: B for boat.
Muppets: Song: "Baby, There's No Letter Better Than B".
Animation: Girl practices roller-skating.
Muppets: Bert and Ernie: All About Air, this is probably a remake with Steve's Ernie and Frank's Bert.
Animation: Song: "Play Ball".
Hero Guy: Adventure in the Sky.
Song: "I'm A Little Airplane".
Muppets: Grover the Flight Attendant.
Animation with a baby learning to walk.
Song: "Walking Tall".
The Count's Counting Organ: 18, with a jumping 18.
Animation: Suzy Kabloozie: Judges Say 18.
Animation: Melo Count to 18.
Elmo's World: Weather.
Ending Insert: Abby presents the sponsors, though she says the number 8 when it was actually 18.
Okay. Today was the first I saw this ep and since I haven't posted here in a while I thought I should write something. Hey, I like the new smilies! :hungry: :shifty: I would have suggested Cookie Monster for 'hungry' though. Anyway, I thought this was a good episode. It seems like Gordon and Telly seem to work well together. I liked seeing a full body Telly. Though it seems like this season they show both versions of Telly, the nuerotic Telly from the 80s and the newer confident Telly. This ep seemed to use the latter. Anyway, I'm more of a mini golf person. Can you really use more than one ball at a time in regular golf? That's something I never really thought about.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Anybody see Molly Shanon on The View the morning? She is going to be on an episode of Sesame Street next season apparently! She mentioned something A scene that she did With Oscar and Slimey where they are at Sesame Streets Bug shelter Or Bug shop or something like that. Any thoughts?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, yeah that could be cool. And it's great that Oscar would get to interact with a guest star.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wonder about this. I wonder where It would be located on the set? I think it's has potential!:smile: And I agree that it's great that Oscar gets to be in a scene or a story with a guest star! He hasn't done that in a while.:super: They showed a picture of her on the set with Oscar and she mentioned that she brought her children to the set. I could make out the set kind of, but it all happened so fast and I didn't really get a good look at the new set. It was also a little blurry, too.:smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yay! I saw a mother with a little boy walking today and the kid was carrying a large Cookie Monster backpack! You might have seen it before, it's basically a Cookie Monster doll with straps in the back and a hole to put things in. It was such a touching and inspiring sight! :insatiable:

(Yay, we have a Cookie smiley now!)