Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is OK... Just keep it in mind when replying here to the remaining episodes left this season.
BTW: Looking forward to your fic's next chapter.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This was a somewhat enjoyable episode. Brought back the memory of when my dad taught me how to play mini-golf for the first time.

Episode 4150:Gordon teaches Telly how to play golf.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "windy".
Street Story.
Animation.
Muppets: Song: "Air" by Bip Bippadotta.
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Windy".
Film: The Kite Festival.
Letter of the Day: B, with Cookie Monster and Cookie Monster's Mom.
Animation: B for boat.
Muppets: Song: "Baby, There's No Letter Better Than B".
Animation: Girl practices roller-skating.
Muppets: Bert and Ernie: All About Air, this is probably a remake with Steve's Ernie and Frank's Bert.
Animation: Song: "Play Ball".
Hero Guy: Adventure in the Sky.
Song: "I'm A Little Airplane".
Muppets: Grover the Flight Attendant.
Animation with a baby learning to walk.
Song: "Walking Tall".
The Count's Counting Organ: 18, with a jumping 18.
Animation: Suzy Kabloozie: Judges Say 18.
Animation: Melo Count to 18.
Elmo's World: Weather.
Ending Insert: Abby presents the sponsors, though she says the number 8 when it was actually 18.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
She said eighteen count. The teen part was just really quite.

But I really love the street story today!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, it's a shame that I missed this episode. It sounds like it had quite a few goodies, includign Air and one of the Grover the Flight Attendant segments. Which one was it, the one where Mr. Johnson wants something to read, or the one where Mr. Johnson wants to be warm?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Best parts- Street Story with Telly and Gordon
Reused Ernie and Bert segment
Grover as a Flight Attendant (Is this new? i've never seen it before)
Air

Worst parts- basically everything else. Do we need that many kid films? That Kite thing was lousy and just lasted for EVER....

I want to add, I don't know if the "Celebrity" segment really qualifies as Celebrity. Wasn't that Gina? It's like someone backed out the last minute and they had to use her.

But I just loved how Telly thought of using a Turkey Sandwich to simulate a hill. Now that just killed me as much as the Grover segment. They really know how to make a word sound joke like that (when you shove random words into things and they sound funny).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... The Grover sketch was the one where Mr. Johnson wanted something to keep himself warm. You know, I thought that was Gina in the word explanation segment, but wasn't sure. And yes, it should be called "Celebrity Moment", since that's at least one specifically-designated spot for them to appear in, as I'm sort of following the episode outline model posted at Muppet Wiki.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a bit odd that the segment where Mr. Johnson wanted something to read on an airplane wasn't shown, considering this seasons focus on literacy. But it seems like Mr. Johnson has been making a comeback in the last few years. I don't think any new material with him was shown between 2002 and 2005, and the only old material shown with him was the Elmo's World: Food segment. But then he returned for A Celebration of Me, Grover! made a cameo in a season 36 episode, appeared in two new sketches (and I think one repeat) in season 37, and this season we get at least one repeated sketch, a cameo in a street story, and a new sketch (though I think it's a remake of an older sketch).

wiley207

Reaction score
I guess most of the classic material they show here are post-1980 skits, what with that "Air" song.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Addendum. As much as I hated seeing the Baby Bear segment, I couldn't help yelling "Hai! Takecopter!" when Hero Guy pulled his propeller off....

PM me if you care to know what that means. It's not anything Dirty, i just don't want to fill the thread up with an explaination of it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Episode 4150: Storyline: I enjoy this one. It was fun and exctining. I loved that Telly was there with Gordon. And cool to see others around the story.

Segments: Enjoyed all these too. I was glad to see an not so old Ernie and Bert skit. Reminding me of the older version. Cool reused. Grover's was too.

Songs: I enjoyed seeing "Air" song. I saw that and went "Cool!" Glad to see those. Also all the other songs i head too. Enjoy it all.

That's my two cents and enjoyed this episode all over. Thanks SS for another good storyline.