Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, something is SERIOUSLY NOT RIGHT here, get a load of this weirdo whom I just received a Llama Badge from...

http://carnetiger.deviantart.com/

So, he just joined this week, only has five deviations uploaded, and hasn't favorited anything... BUT, he has 26,000+ page views, 130+ points, 8,000+ Llama Badges and 180+ watchers? Who IS this guy, and why are so many people giving him such donations and watches? Matter of fact, who are ALL of these people?
Here's another suspicious-lookin' character I just got a watch from...

http://f0lk.deviantart.com/

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's another suspicious-lookin' character I just got a watch from...

http://f0lk.deviantart.com/
I don't see why he's so bad. He probably just isn't well off enough in his art skills to post anything yet. Other than the fact he really seems to love Naruto, there's really nothing there yet. Unlike that other guy, who was clearly some internet joke. I'm flattered by ANYONE that watches me.

That said, did I send you a Llama yet? I think I did, I just want to be sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That said, did I send you a Llama yet? I think I did, I just want to be sure.
Yeah, I believe so.

Meanwhile, I believe I've sent one to just about everyone I watch/follow thus far.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Embarrassment time... I actually didn't know how to do it for a while/ :insatiable:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed now that among Llamas, you can now give cake slices... I think it has something to do with birthdays, as when I accidentally ended up clicking on editing my settings the other day, I noticed there's now an option to show your birthday on your profile, which a thing that says "learn more about the benefits of displaying your birthday". I guess cake slices are like Llama Badges you can give on someone's birthday. *Shrug*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Diverting back to the original thread topic on stuck-up-ness, I wouldn't sat deviantART in general is, but there seems to be a bit of a stuck-up-ness with groups.

Naturally, if you belong to a group, the chances of your art actually being featured in the group are pretty good, otherwise, not so much for certain artists.

For example, more popular artists are able to have their art featured in several different groups without necessarily belonging to those groups; meanwhile, other artists like myself have a hard time having art featured in groups you don't belong to... my feeling is if I know I do art of a certain show, franchise, etc frequently, I'd join groups for 'em, otherwise, I wouldn't, necessarily, though it is still nice to have the other art featured in groups as well, admittedly.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I tried to launch an account there, but it's just so tweaky on every computer and internet hook-up available.

I'm used to designing sights and uploading to them without so many constraints. If anything DA should be a networking tool to guide users to more stable web environment.

I'm not sure if DA is stuck up. I've had a good experience so far, but I'm seldom there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think often times my intentions are misinterpreted whenever I'm submitting artwork to groups I don't actually belong to, as I'm submitting them to be featured, but everybody is approaching the submissions as suggestions to group favorites instead, which... eh... :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What groups are you going to that let outsiders submit art? All the ones I've seen make you join up if you wanna submit anything.

What bugs me is I belong to a certain internet meme based group, and while I bust my hump to make the best, most creative uses of that meme, I see people just superimposing heads (poorly) on other pictures. I'm so glad most of my other groups have stopped letting photos taken from somewhere else.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What groups are you going to that let outsiders submit art? All the ones I've seen make you join up if you wanna submit anything.
Sometimes groups that you don't belong to will feature your art by two different means...

1. If you submit and ask them to feature your art.
2. If anyone from the group happens to stumble upon your art, and submits it to the group's gallery.