The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy" is actually a rather annoying song? And this is coming from someone who loves oldies.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy" is actually a rather annoying song? And this is coming from someone who loves oldies.
Back in the 80's (when radio stations played 60's rock (then considered classic) as part of their rotation), this song was everywhere. You couldn't ignore it.

Then it got to the point in high school where some jocks would see some cute girl coming down the hall, and it was Showtime:

"Dere she was, just-a walkin' down da street"

Then his buddies chime in:
"Singin' Do Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do!"

Gets boring after the third time.
And this coming from a guy who played in a British Invasion tribute band. Audiences loved it, I hated it. Soon other band members hated it too, and to much relief, we dropped it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember my 13-year-old self had a dislike for old 70's music.... Oh man, how stupid was I at that time. :big_grin:

Am I the only one who's went through a goth phase?

Let me tell you, one of the WORST phases I've been through in my life.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember my 13-year-old self had a dislike for old 70's music.... Oh man, how stupid was I at that time. :big_grin:

Am I the only one who's went through a goth phase?

Let me tell you, one of the WORST phases I've been through in my life.
The closest I ever came to a goth phase was standing for 5 minutes in Hot Topic. 8)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The last time I was in a hot topic was..... God, I don't even remember now. 2013/14 maybe? Just shows how downhill they've gotten.

Not to mention I've bought shirts from their stores that just ended up shrinking in the dryer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Shirts are really the only business I have being in Hot Topic . . . it seems like to me that despite its clientele, that Hot Topic often tries to cater to other demographics - in this case, 90s kids.

Similarly, despite its seedier selection, you have to admit, sometimes you can find something good in Spencer's, like shirts or other collectibles.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I love spencer's alot more. I think half of my shirts are from them. :stick_out_tongue:

I almost got in trouble wearing a beer pong shirt from them to school in 11th grade. But my then-current history teacher was cool about it and just let me off with a warning.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In Grade 3, I got in trouble for wearing a Toy Story shirt with Mr. Potato Head on it pressing his mouth up against his Tater Tush with a caption reading, "Kiss my spud."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Shirts are really the only business I have being in Hot Topic . . . it seems like to me that despite its clientele, that Hot Topic often tries to cater to other demographics - in this case, 90s kids.

Similarly, despite its seedier selection, you have to admit, sometimes you can find something good in Spencer's, like shirts or other collectibles.
I loved Spencer's since I was a tot. I always loved in the back where they had the lava lamps, strobe lights, black light posters, and all the neat stuff to turn your room into a hippie crash pad. Black lights. I must be addicted to that ultraviolet glow.

Found a number of decent Sesame/Muppet shirts over the years.
Unfortunately, my wife and I were in there around Christmas, looked around, and felt..."Are we TOO OLD to be in here?"