TV Alert: Sesame Street and Jimmy Fallon at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade November 28

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, I saw Bob on the float, so that confirms it.
Actually, I don't think Bob was there. Same goes for Gordon, Susan, Chris, and Gina. No matter. As with every year, it was still one of the highlights of the parade.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Matt and David at least did the voices (at least I'm assuming that was Matt's Count). Peter Linz performed Count on the float. Yes, Oscar was in it.
It sounded like a recording of Jerry Nelson to me.

First off, I was a little confused when they said "Jimmy Fallon and the Roots with the Muppets". I was a little thrown off when I usually expect the Sesame Street Muppets, not Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, and the gang. Overall, it was a nice rendition of a classic song, and the rap verse was welcome. I was also underwhelmed this is the first year since 2008 that the Macy's Parade didn't feature a Kermit the Frog balloon, but oh well. One down, another to go with the "Lady Gaga and the Muppets" TV special.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It sounded like a recording of Jerry Nelson to me.
I had a slight feeling it was. My volume wasn't up as loud as I would have liked. :smile:

Judging by a tagged photo posted on Facebook, it appears that Matt was in Big Bird, John Kennedy was performing Oscar, and Paul McGinnis was performing Baby Bear. The remaining characters were evidently puppeteered by their usual performers (save for Bert and Ernie; no idea who was in charge of them).

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I didn't see Bob, which surprised me because it seems like he's always there. Susan, Gordon and Gina weren't there either. I don't think Chris has ever appeared on the float in his time on the show.

All in all, I liked the appearance. A lot of people took to Twitter to express their disliking towards the rapping part after the parade, but I thought it was tasteful and added a cool effect.

I'm not sure the "classroom instruments" translated well to such a large stage. I'm not sure why, but it seemed a little off when all they were using were kazoos and plastic hand clappers. I don't know. It works really well on Fallon's show, but it just seemed weird to me here.

Separate, unrelated note: Why does it seem like they are giving Mando such special treatment in terms of introducing him to the world? He made talk show appearances, news articles, and even got a shout-out from Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthries when introducing the float today. They didn't do all of that with Chris or Leela and they play bigger parts on the show than Mando has so far. Just curious.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Can I just say, I love the Muppets' winter attire each year. Their little hats and scarves and the Count's top hat.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love how they take a classic Sesame song, and make it hip and new.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This year's performance was very nice. I'm surprised that Luis and Maria were the only humans (that have been around since the classic era) that were on the float. Plus, I never realized that this is the first time they've sung "Somebody Come and Play" on the float until now...unless it happened sometime before 1997 (off topic, but we know that in 1990, the recording of "Do You Like Me?" was used). Is it also fair to assume that the appearance with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots back in September became so popular that they were brought back to appear on the float? Otherwise, great performance.