Your Thoughts: Very Merry Muppet Christmas Blu-ray

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Nobody bought it yet? I'm just really curious about the HD. Is it worth buying if you've already got the DVD?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Nobody bought it yet? I'm just really curious about the HD. Is it worth buying if you've already got the DVD?
Most are probably going to stick with their DVD, and some do not even like VMX, so there would be little reason to buy it besides juist upgrading to a better medium.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I'm watching the Blu-Ray right now and I must say it looks amazing, there's so many pictures/posters hanging on the walls of the Muppet theatre which I hadn't noticed until now.

The only special features it brings are deleted scenes and a blooper reel, no Pepe profiles.

This is a first, I've never seen this before but there are no menus, as soon as you pop the disc inside the movie starts playing. if you press title/menu on your remote control you'll get a list of options (pause/chapters/subtitles/extras) on the side of the screen as the movie continues playing but still I'm glad with my purchase, the picture quality is really good.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm watching the Blu-Ray right now and I must say it looks amazing, there's so many pictures/posters hanging on the walls of the Muppet theatre which I hadn't noticed until now.

The only special features it brings are deleted scenes and a blooper reel, no Pepe profiles.

This is a first, I've never seen this before but there are no menus, as soon as you pop the disc inside the movie starts playing. if you press title/menu on your remote control you'll get a list of options (pause/chapters/subtitles/extras) on the side of the screen as the movie continues playing but still I'm glad with my purchase, the picture quality is really good.
That is terrible, one of the reasons DVDs and Blu-Rays were made are to have everything in an organized fashion, they seriously demoted this Blu-Ray to no new special features or a start menu? This does not sound like a good buy if you alreadly have the movie.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
That is terrible, one of the reasons DVDs and Blu-Rays were made are to have everything in an organized fashion, they seriously demoted this Blu-Ray to no new special features or a start menu? This does not sound like a good buy if you alreadly have the movie.
I guess it depends on what you want the Blu-ray for. I buy Blu-rays for better picture quality, and if it has extra bonuses, then that's a bonus!

A lot of Blu-rays go right into the film, but most of the time you can get to a menu.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you want the Blu-ray for. I buy Blu-rays for better picture quality, and if it has extra bonuses, then that's a bonus!

A lot of Blu-rays go right into the film, but most of the time you can get to a menu.
Still it seems rather cheap to me, I did not expect any new special features, but at least a normal menu, it seems lazy and that NBC/Universal did not really care about the release.